Vice President, Healthcare, Washington, DC
Position Overview and Responsibilities
The Washington, D.C. office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting communications professional at the Vice President level to join our respected Healthcare practice. The position provides the opportunity to work with high-profile brands in pharmaceuticals, medical research and public health.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Help lead communications programs for healthcare clients in the areas of pharmaceuticals, medical research and public health.
- Drive communications campaigns with top-tier and trade healthcare media; develop strong traditional and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with trade, national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- As a senior counselor, the candidate will serve as a day-to-day strategist for clients, with frequent interaction and counsel to various top-level executives. Will manage work streams and teams on program execution, and oversee budgets, forecasts, and projects.
- Develop and edit compelling and high-quality deliverables, including plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Develop and drive thought leadership platforms on relevant healthcare issues.
- 8-10+ years of experience in healthcare communications, with a deep background developing and executing public relations and corporate reputation programs, including corporate positioning, media relations and executive communications. Agency experience is a must and experience working in a healthcare, pharmaceutical company or association is highly desired.
- Candidate should have deep understanding of the media environment and established media contacts in top-tier and healthcare trades with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to develop relationships with third-party organizations, physicians and caregivers, and to attend external meetings and events representing the agency and client (e.g. medical conferences, third-party events, etc.)
- Superior writing skills, with experience translating complex science issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to execute public relations plans effectively, and drafting and implementing strategic corporate communications programs within budget. Previous experience managing product communications for healthcare-related products and brands, with knowledge of the healthcare industry and its regulatory environment.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a knack for building trusted relationships with clients and prospects that lead to additional, incremental new business opportunities.
- Good social skills, can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver extraordinary results.
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- Professional, dedicated team mate and commitment to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.