Vice President, Research & Intelligence, Chicago
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a Vice President of Research and Intelligence on the Global Research and Analytics team. FH is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis., is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
The Vice President of Research and Intelligence will lead the execution of the firm’s research offering, manage and develop a team of global analysts, introduce and align technology to create efficiencies and new product development, and roll out frameworks and process to analyst team to respond to client needs. Partners with research client relationship managers to understand and interpret client needs and deliver on those needs. Keeps abreast of technology and other research and data relevant innovations.
- Responsible for professional development of analysts with support from the other research team leads.
- Career path development, including recommendations for training and experience required for progression.
- Develop learning and development plan and run training program with support from the agency’s Talent Development partner.
- Nurture a collaborative working environment that encourages staff to reach higher and for everyone to actively learn from both mistakes and triumphs.
- Promote and foster an environment of information and knowledge sharing across teams, offices and continents.
- Help promote the work of our division within the agency and with our sister agencies in the Omnicom network, with a view to raising the profile and visibility of our offerings and insights.
- Identify gaps in the capabilities of our team and seek to fill them via training, hiring or a combination of these.
- Work with our clients to ensure that our deliverables are thoughtfully meeting their strategic needs and work with client teams to identify and implement the best approach to clients’ research needs, often acting as an advisor during the proposal development stage.
- Lead resource planning functions and vendor management.
- Seek out and tests new tools and methodologies that can deliver better value to our clients, and makes recommendations for their implementation and rollout.
- Manage the costs of projects and advises senior management of most effective use of resources.
- Monitor the use of existing tools and applications by team members, solicits feedback from users and makes recommendations to optimize existing resources.
- Work with analysts and project managers to streamline product delivery, ensuring we are not spending valuable analytical time on inefficient processes.
- Conduct after action reviews following large client engagement with a view to establishing and benchmarking best practices.
- 8-10 years of experience required in research and analytics, consumer insights, strategy development and/or digital or social research. Primary and/or secondary research delivery experience required.
- Deep understanding of rigorous research methodologies, and the pros and cons of different approaches to data collection, analysis and management. Experience with text mining, web crawling technology a plus.
- Experience managing a team, preferably analysts, and providing exceptional client service.
- Ability to juggle a diverse portfolio of clients and methodological approaches.
- B.S. required, Master’s degree preferred.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.