Vice President Public Affairs, Washington D. C.
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated communication programs for clients in a variety of sectors.
- Develop advocacy campaign plans including integrating earned media, grassroots, coalition, advertising and digital recommendations.
- Develop and write critical communications materials ranging from press releases, talking points, FAQs, reactive statements, video scripts, executive remarks, blog posts, tweets, articles, etc.
- Develop and drive thought leadership platforms on relevant policy issues.
- Serve as a representative on various partnership activities and alliances.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in running major, integrated public affairs campaigns that have an impact on client business.
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or in the administration is highly preferred. PR agency experience is preferred.
- Existing relationships with business, technology and political trade media, and well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Existing relationships with applicable trade associations, think tanks and relevant industry leaders with a point of view.
- Inately skilled at anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Ability to lead high-profile client accounts ranging from 200-500K and consisting of multi-disciplinary campaigns.
- Good social skills, can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- Solid experience drafting communications plans and leading the execution of programs within budget.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and an enthusiasm for business development activities.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.'
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver extraordinary results.
- Understanding of agency financials and experience budgeting projects.
- Professional, dedicated team mate and commitment to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- A ‘can do’ attitude.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.