Video Editor, Washington, D.C.
Position Overview & Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Creative seeks a Video Editor to join our Washington DC Creative team. In addition to editorial chops and the reel to back it up, the right candidate will also bring a healthy combination of curiosity, innovation, drive and flexibility. This applies whether working independently or in partnership with creative teams. A positive attitude is preferred. We tell stories and that should excite you the most about this opportunity. Premiere and After Effects, mandatory. Candidates who want to take this opportunity to hone and improve their editing skills and add producer shops to become a stellar producer/editor over time will rise to the top.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Editing everything from digital spots and web content to internal videos and high-end presentation pieces
- Collaborating with creative team members and producers
- Serving clients ranging from Fortune 500 leaders to start-ups
- Meeting budgets and timelines
- Staying on top of the latest trends and technology
- Engaging with a team of creative to collaborate and put out the best possible product, given myriad constraints, limits, deadlines and more
- At least five years of experience in digital video editing
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, video/audio production, or related multimedia
- A strong understanding of fundamental design skills, an eye for print design, a strong sense of color, typography, and design composition
- Advanced knowledge of Premiere and working to advanced knowledge of After Effects
- Advanced knowledge of other post-production aspects, including audio engineering, encoding Web video, DVD authoring, and project mastering
- Experience in editing and packaging video content that tells a compelling story
- An ability to juggle a wide variety of projects and work with varying production styles
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well within a team environment
- Interest in developing producer skills while advancing your editorial portfolio
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.