VP Healthcare, New York
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media and creative content. FH delivers on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
FleishmanHillard New York is seeking an enthusiastic, energetic and self-starting Vice President to join our dynamic office. This position provides the opportunity to oversee exciting communications programs for leading healthcare brands, develop key relationships with healthcare industry clients, and manage the strategic outreach to the media, third-party organizations, healthcare professionals and consumers
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity in New York for an experienced healthcare communications specialist at the Vice President level to join our respected healthcare practice.
The position provides the opportunity to work with high profile brands in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries, as well as to develop communications programs for major healthcare brands, manage communications initiatives to a range of stakeholders, and lead integrated healthcare campaigns involving media, consumers, healthcare professionals, patients and third party organizations/advocacy groups.
Successful applicants will possess strong writing skills and experience translating complex science issues into consumer-friendly messages and materials. The ideal candidate will have a passion for healthcare and deep experience supporting pharmaceutical, biotech and/or other healthcare industry clients. Regular responsibilities will include:
- Day to day management of U.S. business for large global client.
- Build, maintain and develop new relationships with senior level clients.
- Serve in a key role to develop, present and execute integrated brand strategy and brand positioning communications programs.
- Provide proactive high-level client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet corporate and brand marketing goals through communications.
- Provide strategic direction for various client materials: plans, presentations, reports, communications documents, press releases, media strategy, message documents etc.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence, bylines, and speaking abstracts.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Supervise and train junior staff; provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Desire to play an instrumental and influential role in developing new business.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant healthcare communications experience. Previous experience working in a public relations agency environment is required.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical regulatory environment and experience working through all pre- and post- FDA approval phases of a drug launch.
- Track record of success in planning, developing and executing disease awareness, consumer education and patient advocacy campaigns.
- Social media and digital savvy with an ability to develop integrated campaigns and provide solid counsel to clients regarding online communications strategies.
- Superior account management and client relationship skills, with the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
- A collaborative team member and team leader, with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and to strategically direct the creation of press materials and communications plans.
- Demonstrated strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters.
- Solid budget management and creation, forecasting and administration/operation skills.
- Track record of contributing to the development of new business – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to go the extra mile for clients and colleagues.
About FleishmanHillard New York
FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client rather than reaching into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and tested.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of working.
Here at FH New York, we seek early adopters, self-starters, beta testers. Energetic professionals with good instincts, an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players. To learn more about us, please visit fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.