Weekend Social Media Crisis Analyst Contractor, Dallas (Methods + Mastery - A FleishmanHillard Company)
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a self-starting, Social Media Analyst for a weekend shift (Saturday & Sunday 11am to 7pm CT) role to utilize social data in order to uncover insights that inform business and marketing decisions and track/assess rapid escalation scenarios for our global technology client.
FleishmanHillard’s approach to insights and planning is rooted in the belief that it is our obligation to deliver intelligent, integrated and high-impact solutions. The Insights & Analytics teams are the champions our strategic planning methodology that employs data and insights to drive creativity and results. Everything we do is based on clear business objectives and measurable KPI’s. Learning as much as we can about environments, audiences, beliefs and behaviors – we are able to uncover action-oriented insights that inspire and guide the development of integrated & creative communications programs. We have a robust team of insights, planning, creative and social practitioners who, alongside their communications peers, deliver award winning campaigns and creative solutions.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Support the wider Analytics team for 24/7 social monitoring, analytics and crisis management across global regions, during the hours of 11am to 7pm CT on Saturday and Sunday.
- Manage weekend escalations and crisis and community management efforts. Work hand in hand with other cross-functional teams (PR, Content, Ops, Support, etc) on comms related to potential and/or emerging incidents.
Key technical skills required
- A strong understanding of social listening tools and Boolean logic across multiple platforms (e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Brandwatch, Zignal..etc.) with knowledge of how and when to apply deep Boolean commands like proximity commands, search order commands and more
- Knowledge of social APIs and server side storage to determine how to develop issue alerts, dashboard integrations and historical data access
- Experience in crisis alert reporting; ability to communicate clearly and concisely, to various management levels.
- Ability to work during the hours of 11am to 7pm CT(Saturday-Sunday); office space will be provided if desired.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 2 years relevant work experience).
- 2 years of relevant experience working in social media or crisis response reporting.
- Well-versed in story-based reporting (on paper and in person): ability to think not only quantitatively, but also be able to thoughtfully and holistically create reports that address large strategic business questions with a data-based narrative.
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Experience creating unique, value-add, evolving insights.
- Experience as a proactive, independent worker, with the ability to work well with minimal guidance from above and to regularly "take the first pass" at analysis, without prescriptive direction.
- Training or certification through an emergency management association or agency not necessary, but may be beneficial.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.