Account Executive- Brand Marketing, Minneapolis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opportunity for an energetic and self-starting Account Executive to join our growing Minneapolis office and brand marketing practice. This position provides a rewarding opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative 40-person team on media relations, social media, sports marketing, influencer marketing, brand building, and creative program development.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling of day-to-day assignments and work products, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management, for key clients in the sports, food, technology and retail industries.
- Employ a variety of techniques – including reporter outreach, deskside briefings, bylined articles, editorial board meetings, publicity polls and special events to generate earned media coverage for our clients.
- Develop and maintain strong traditional and online media relationships, place newsworthy stories that convey core brand messages, and develop creative written materials that engage target audiences and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Help develop content strategies and create a variety of digital content for a range of social channels. Assist with shaping client stories and messages with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and trending social conversations.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with bloggers, industry experts and influencers. Actively pitch communications to the blogger community with the goal of injecting the client stories into industry conversations.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in an agency setting providing public relations counsel to clients, with emphasis on consumer brand marketing.
- Knowledge of business, consumer, and lifestyle media, and skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Digitally savvy, with experience in executing digital and social media strategies, and creating and executing seamlessly integrated programs and campaigns that align with client objectives.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication from news releases to talking points.
- The ability to contribute to strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate corporate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Strong attention to detail, in all aspects of work, and the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism, English or a similar field.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.