Account Executive - Consumer Media, New York
FleishmanHillard’s Consumer Group is looking for a creative, motivated, energetic, self-starting Account Executive to join our New York office. This position provides the opportunity to focus on building and executing media strategies that result in high-quality placements and implementing public relations tactics for multiple top-tier clients.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Identify national consumer media opportunities or pitch angles (e.g., compelling or timely trend stories), build media lists, conduct outreach to media and build relationships with key reporters.
- Assist in executing high-quality product launches and media programs from conception to execution to placement including project and timeline management, vendor management, materials development, media outreach, and reporting.
- Provide proactive client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet consumer marketing goals through communications.
- Draft communications and media materials (e.g., press releases, media pitches, messaging) and slides for PR/media strategy presentations.
- Provide strategic support for a myriad of media inquiries.
- Manage media monitoring, tracking and reporting processes across accounts.
- 2+ years of experience in public relations/communications role (in-house, agency, or other).
- Demonstrated experience executing public relations plans and managing tasks across multiple projects/accounts/workstreams.
- Proven success in media outreach to top-tier consumer long-lead publications, short-lead consumer media and national broadcast media, including national morning shows.
- Experience in developing and editing high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
- Basic understanding of product integration, media and third-party partnerships, and sponsorship opportunities.
- Knowledge of national lifestyle and consumer magazine reporters/editors and experience in building strategic media lists and forging reporter relationships.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.