Account Executive Consumer, New York
Our Consumer Marketing practice is looking for a motivated, energetic, and dynamic self-starting communications practitioner to join our New York office. This position provides the opportunity to work on a variety of consumer marketing brands, working directly with clients, producing high-quality research, written materials, working with media and influencers and supporting events. The candidate must be a creative problem solver and a detail-oriented team player, with project management, writing and media relations skills, including a strong aptitude for social media.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Contribute to the daily activities across a variety of accounts, including assisting in research, planning, and implementation of program.
- Coordinate and support client events.
- Write high-impact reports for campaigns, activities and events.
- Develop brand messaging and write press materials, including press releases, toolkits, talking points, fact sheets, etc.
- Responsible for developing project timelines, and keeping projects on task.
- Perform media pitching and develop relationships with lifestyle media.
- Demonstrate understanding of emerging channels like social media, video, and content partnerships in relation to media mix.
- Successful track record of effectively executing programs.
- Help to manage project forecasting, budgeting, setup and tracking through agency financial system.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Assists in preparing effective programs by contributing creative ideas and industry knowledge.
- Writes effectively for various media as required.
- Works collaboratively with fellow employees.
- Team player; organized, can prioritize.
- Self-starter and confident, yet knows when to approach senior staff and/or ask for help.
- 2-3 years of experience providing public relations counsel to clients.
- Depth of well-rounded experience in the consumer practice area, including familiarity with lifestyle industries, such as sports, wellness, food & beverage.
- Experience working on integrated teams, and success working across consumer media and influencers.
- Digitally savvy.
- Strong capabilities in media relations, from strategy development to generating results.
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including programs, media strategies, press materials, social content strategies and posts, and remarks.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Agency and big consumer brand experience is preferred.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.