Account Executive – Internal Communications, Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Dallas office for an Account Executive to join our dynamic Corporate Reputation team. The Account Executive will be responsible for supporting client accounts focused on a variety of internal communications issues, with an emphasis on corporate and employee communications. This person will contribute to the overall growth of the internal communications capability by providing excellent account management and client service, building strong relationships and supporting senior team members. This role has a heavy emphasis on writing for a diverse range of audiences.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in Texas, FleishmanHillard Austin and Dallas practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include Fitbit, GoPro, EA, GM, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levi Strauss & Co, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Helping clients manage the communications surrounding a variety of internal organizational needs including content development for employee engagement, values-based communications, and helping to build brand narratives and internal storytelling.
- Draft a variety of internal communications materials including: intranet content, internal newsletters, executive talking points, long- and short-form feature stories, thought leadership blogs, project proposals, social media recommendations, and other integrated content pieces.
- Play a pivotal role in handling day-to-day assignments for clients, including content creation and editorial support as well as project and account management.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in employee and/or corporate communications in an agency or corporate setting with a command of best practices in internal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English or a related area.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and technical subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on channel and audience. (Knowledge of AP style is a must.)
- The ability to develop strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including electronic (email and intranet), print publications, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video and FAQs.
- Experience building communications programs upon a foundation of research and evaluating the effectiveness of programs through relevant metrics.
- Proven ability to collaborate with teams of writers, designers, and subject matter experts.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate corporate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure.
- Extremely strong attention to detail (both in editing and project management); must also be able to juggle multiple projects and clients.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of current events and business news.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.