Account Manager - Financial PR, Hong Kong
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, creative, self-starting Account Manager to join the financial services team in our Hong Kong office.
This finance-focused PR specialist will assist regional clients with their external public relations and communications needs through the use of thoughtful, well-developed communications strategies and tactics.
What you'll need:
- 6-8 years of corporate communications experience servicing financial institutions (e.g. banks, asset managers, investment firms) gained within an agency and/or in-house environment
- A proven understanding of corporate issues and how to apply communications to advance a company’s business interests.
- Solid experience in regional coordination and ability to effectively work/communicate with clients/colleagues across the region.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with business and finance reporters, develop compelling story pitches, and secure stories in mainstream business media.
- Ability to think creatively and deploy emerging media communications strategies on behalf of clients.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as proven ability to lead teams.
- Excellent writing abilities (both English and Chinese) with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from business media news releases to executive talking points.
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
- Ability to recommend and initiate work and projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Understanding of and experience working with digital media outlets including social networking sites and bloggers.
What you’ll receive:
- A progressive and fun environment to propel your career in integrated communications to a new level.
- Be part of an international network which has a strong coaching and collaboration culture.
- Competitive remuneration and attractive benefits.
- Endless training and professional development opportunities to build your passion for innovation and creative thinking, relentless drive to deliver tangible business results through a combination of technology, data analytics, social media, and communications.
If you are ready for your next challenging role in strategic communications and PR, we want to hear from you.