Account Supervisor - Consumer Media, New York
FleishmanHillard’s Consumer Group is looking for a creative, motivated, energetic, self-starting Account Supervisor to join our New York office. This position provides the opportunity to focus on building media strategies that result in high-quality placements, and implementing public relations tactics for multiple top-tier clients. Consumer finance knowledge is a plus.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Provide proactive, seasoned client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet consumer marketing goals through communications.
- Develop strategies for national consumer media – primarily products, services and compelling trend stories.
- Develop and execute high-quality product launches and media programs from conception to execution to placement.
- Help manage sensitive reactive media issues.
- Provide high-level strategic thinking for myriad media inquiries.
- 5+ years of experience providing public relations counsel to clients.
- Demonstrated experience executing public relations plans and the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs within budget.
- Depth of well-rounded experience in the consumer practice area, with proven success working with a variety of top-tier consumer long-lead publications, short-lead consumer media and national broadcast media, including national morning shows.
- Strong capabilities in media relations, from strategy development to generating results.
- Understanding of product integration, media partnerships and sponsorship opportunities.
- Knowledge of national lifestyle and consumer magazine bloggers/editors, including product giveaways/contests.
- Ability to execute integrated social media programs with national consumer media outreach.
- Proven ability to contribute to compelling new business proposals and presenting them effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to lead internal planning meetings and brainstorm sessions; exercise excellent judgment with the ability to think 'outside of the box.’
- Develop and edit high quality written materials, including media correspondence and story angles; and illustrate strong presentation skills.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at http://www.fleishmanhillard.com/.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.