Account Supervisor Health Media, New York
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our New York office for an Account Supervisor or Senior Account Executive with a passion for earned media relations to join our award-winning health care team. The position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and nimble healthcare media relations professional to help plan, manage and execute earned media outreach for several clients in nearly every area of the health care industry, including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices/diagnostics and technology, non-profit medical societies, and hospitals. These accounts are mainly run out of New York, and would also work across accounts in the FleishmanHillard network, primarily in the U.S.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop and edit compelling, high-quality written content including media materials, plans, client memos and client correspondence
- Provide strategic media counsel to account teams and clients
- Translate complex health care topics into compelling pitches for journalists
- Identify newsworthy story angles (short and long term) and successfully pitch and place stories with national, local and trade media
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with health care journalists, bloggers and other key influencers across multiple health care verticals (e.g., top-tier business, top-tier consumer, industry trade, health care professional trade)
- Minimum four years of hands-on media relations experience in an agency setting
- Previous experience pitching stories about health care (preferably pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, and medical research)
- Demonstrated existing relationships with health care journalists
- Well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Understanding of the current media environment and the ability to effectively drive coverage
- Understanding of how journalists use social media, and comfort interacting with them on those platforms for business purposes
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with the ability to translate complex information into lay language
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing PR plans
- High attention to detail with proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients
- Experience providing high levels of service to clients on day-to-day activities.
- A creative problem solver who brings high levels of energy, positivity and enthusiasm to every assignment.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- A resourceful self-starter – gets things moving and keeps them on track.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home five Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at https://www.fleishmanhillard.com/.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.