Account Supervisor- Healthcare, New York
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening in our New York office for an Account Supervisor to join our dynamic and collaborative healthcare practice. FH New York has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what our clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations meeting their specific challenges or opportunities. We’re seeking energetic professionals with good instincts, who are early adopters and self-starters, and have an adventurous spirit and passion for collaboration. Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players.
This position provides the opportunity to work on exciting communications programs for leading healthcare brands, develop key relationships with and serve as a partner to our healthcare industry clients, build relationships across our global team and other sectors/practices and manage the strategic outreach to the media, third-party organizations, healthcare professionals and consumers.
FleishmanHillard is a leading global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing communications, social media, digital and creative content. We are driven every day by an irresistible urge to do more for our clients and to consistently develop bold work that creates value and changes conversations. We deliver on our unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
We have a strong culture that resonates around the world, but we’re also flexible and unique. Our expansive client roster, a “real” global network and opportunities to work with our sister companies as part of Omnicom Public Relations Group add up to an endless list of possibilities. These are just a few of the reasons why FleishmanHillard is repeatedly named a “Best Place to Work” by The National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), Human Rights Campaign (HRC) and PRovoke Media.
FleishmanHillard also believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects, connecting across our healthcare and agency teams, and provide client counsel.
- Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within accounts; coordinate team resources and serve as main ‘go to’ for junior staff helping to mentor and encourage them to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the "best teams" and deliver results for your clients.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of materials including strategic plans, press materials, social copy, digital content, client correspondence, etc.
- Develop relationships and coordinate cross-stakeholder communications: third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Manage program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Explore and create opportunities for incremental business growth within your clients’ organizations.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience. Biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare communications experience within a communications agency is required.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare and communications.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to successfully represent FH and client companies to key stakeholders.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for clients and our healthcare team.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to develop and strategically direct the creation of press materials and communications plans.
- Ability to translate large amounts of clinical data and information into lay language that resonates across client stakeholders.
- Keen understanding of the role of digital media in integrated communications strategies as well as traditional, digital and social media healthcare environment.
- Ability to develop and contribute to strategic outreach plans to external audiences via social platforms (e.g., LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.), third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Proven understanding of healthcare environment and strategic media relations planning, with the ability to develop strong media pitch angles, lead pitch teams and pitch story ideas to reporters (healthcare trade, national, consumer and business outlets).
- A collaborative team member and team leader, with strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively supervise, train and mentor junior-level account staff, provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group, a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.