Account Supervisor- Media Relations, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard Inc., one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built our reputation on creating integrated solutions that deliver what clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. We have an immediate opportunity at our global corporate headquarters in St. Louis for a Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor to join our award-winning brand marketing team. The Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor will help plan, manage and execute media relations programs for several clients across consumer brands. We are looking for a creative, experienced professional who drives business results through identifying traditional and interactive platforms that communicate best with target business audiences and use those channels to engage with key stakeholders.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain and develop strong traditional and online media relationships, place newsworthy stories that convey core brand messages, and be responsible for developing creative written materials that engage target audiences and reflect an understanding of our clients’ business.
- Identify, cultivate and manage high-level relationships with reporters, bloggers and other key influencers.
- Help shape and actively place client stories and messages.
- Strategically integrating celebrity and entertainment strategies into integrated programs.
- Contribute to the development of marketing and social programs for national and global consumer brands.
- Play a pivotal role in managing day-to-day assignments and work products, including content creation and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Above all else, a creative thinker who overcomes obstacles with smart solutions.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs specifically related to major consumer brands and products. Agency experience preferred.
- Well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful– gets things moving and keeps them on track.
- High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Experience identifying and working successfully with celebrities.
- Excellent writing abilities with extensive experience in all forms of corporate and executive communication, from news releases to executive talking points.
- Experience across social media platforms.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients.
- Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.