Account Supervisor or Managing Supervisor - Food and Agriculture, Kansas City
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Do you have a passion for food and working across the food and agriculture value chain? Do you like learning about food’s journey from farm to fork? Are you energized by integrated communications and nutrition-related programming? If so, FleishmanHillard Kansas City, one of the firm’s hubs for food, agribusiness and beverage has a role for you! We have an immediate opportunity for an experience communications practitioner with knowledge of and a passion for implementing communication plans for food, restaurant/foodservice, agribusiness, commodity and food ingredient clients to join our food practice.
This position will support the development, presentation and execution of integrated brand strategy and brand positioning communications programs for local, regional, national and global food and agribusiness clients. This individual will activate creative recommendations on how to meet brand marketing goals through communications.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
· Manage and execute high quality client deliverables, including, client presentations, sales materials, events, websites, media correspondence, etc..
· Monitor industry, competitive and consumer trends and insights and integrate them into client programming.
· Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, industry and nutrition influencers, media, client partners.
· Supervise and train interns, fellows and junior account staff; provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
· Build and maintain strong client relationships and be an active contributor to strong agency account teams.
· Support food, nutrition and agribusiness business development efforts for the office and assist on network new business.
· Manage client budgets and support budget development, tracking, billing and communications.
· A minimum of 5 years of food, nutrition and/or agriculture communication/marketing experience, preferably some experience in a marketing communications or PR agency.
· Previous experience managing food brand, CPG, food ingredient marketing communications or agribusiness; proven experience in brand launches a plus.
· Knowledge of food, nutrition and agriculture trends and issues, such as food safety, sustainability, global food systems, food labeling, etc.
· Strong understanding of food media environment: trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, influencers, spokespersons.
· Success record of client counsel, client relationship building and team management; has launched and grown accounts.
· Strong team player and passion for developing team members.
· Energetic, self-starter and problem solver; gets things moving, keeps them on track and understands how to switch gears when needed.
· Professional writing and client-facing presentation skills experience.
· Understanding of and experience with business development.