Account Supervisor, Tech Communications
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Dallas office for an Account Supervisor to join our dynamic technology team. We’re seeking a PR professional with a background in and a passion for consumer and B2B technology communications to work with collaborative teams on integrated programs encompassing reputation, corporate positioning, media relations, product technology and executive communications.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- The ideal candidate will work to manage and execute integrated communications programs that embrace all areas of communications for technology clients, including corporate reputation, product PR, and crisis/issues management.
- As a strategic counselor, the candidate will serve as the day-to-day contact for clients and manage teams on program execution.
- Work with integrated teams on the agency and client side to provide PR concepts, media relations and thought leadership strategies.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, bylines and executive communications.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with the client by taking a broad view of the entire communications mix and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
- The successful candidate must be results-oriented, have a solid track record of effective media relations, strong writing, strong organization and acute attention to detail. Experience executing global communications programs is a plus. Additionally, candidates should have:
- Minimum of 6 years of agency experience in developing and implementing communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for technology clients.
- Broad technology business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage key stakeholders and audiences, and to tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Proven success working with trade and national business media. A demonstrated hands-on media approach is required.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities, managing teams to effectively execute public relations plans, and drafting and implementing strategic communications programs within budget.
- Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop and edit high-quality materials such communications plans, position papers, fact sheets, news and online media materials, bylined articles, trend analysis summaries, executive correspondence, and presentations.
- The ability to develop and generate support for strategic, comprehensive communications plans that apply creative tactics and use a variety of communication channels, including digital (e-mail, social media, blogs and intranet), print publications and brochures, executive memos, face-to-face meeting scripts/talking points, special events, video, and FAQs.
- Experience managing and coordinating projects with multiple workstreams.
- A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.