Accounting Specialist- Fixed Assets & Purchasing, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS, and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting, and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
Agency Accounting Services has an immediate opening for an Accounting Specialist that is focused on Fixed Assets, Purchasing, and Leases to be a part of our team. This position requires candidates to be dedicated, reliable, and possess keen attention to detail. The successful candidate takes initiative with the capacity to adapt and learn quickly and has excellent prioritization skills.
Agency Accounting Services believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Assist in management of fixed assets and capital acquisition
- Maintain billing guidelines for all leased equipment
- Review and approve expense reports and accounts payable invoices to ensure preferred vendors are used
- Perform a variety of technical, specialized, and complex functions within leasing operations to ensure accurate and efficient operations
- Ensure lease expenses match parent company’s treasury function
- Preform monthly leasing journal entries and reconcile general ledger
- Preform quarterly companywide lease reconciliation and reporting
- Review and manage cell phone data plan reimbursement process
- Degree in Accounting; hours to sit for CPA preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills, analytical skills, and ability to compose and initiate correspondence
- Ability to communicate with various levels of staff in various departments through verbal and written communication
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving ability, attention to detail, and a well-defined work ethic
- Organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects/tasks
About Agency Accounting Services
Agency Accounting Services supports the global accounting function within the DAS group of companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. Based on our history of professionalism and exceptional service, AAS was appointed as a destination for accounting system consolidations across the Omnicom/DAS network. We are focused on delivering premier customer service, and timely and accurate financial information, to help agency management run their organizations more effectively.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.