Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellow - Social Media Content, Dallas (Methods+Mastery - A FleishmanHillard Company)
Who We Are:
Methods+Mastery, a FleishmanHillard company, has an immediate opening in the Dallas office for talented junior social content strategists within our Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship.** We’re looking for a candidate with a voracious appetite to learn, grow, work hard and have fun. If you are curious and inventive, and are someone who is not afraid to push the boundaries and drive our clients to new levels of innovative thinking – then read on.
Methods+Mastery offers a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth. We work on projects ranging from regional to global in scope for some resume bolstering brands. If you’d like to hang, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute against the full spectrum of communication mediums and disciplines including interactive, mobile, social, advertising, branding, experiential, video, motion, presentations, environmental and print - all with an analytics twist.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship:
Alfred Fleishman, one of our agency’s founders, was dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. He was instrumental in bringing underrepresented groups together for dialogue and community. In his honor, FleishmanHillard offers the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are six- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. Fellows contribute to client projects while rotating among account teams, gaining practical experience in the field of integrated communications from some of the industry’s best counselors.
Want an inside look? Hear from previous program participants in this video.
What You Will Do:
During the fellowship, individuals will have the opportunity to:
- Actively contribute to agency diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives
- Create engaging, shareable content under tight deadlines
- Developing plans for community engagement
- Monitoring and spotting trends and translating information into branded news content
- Conceiving, writing, shooting, editing and producing photo-based content
- Capitalizing on opportunities within emerging platforms and online communities
- Experienced in creating social media content across multiple channels
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year accredited college or university with a preferred major in journalism, communications, creative writing or new media
- Strong writing skills and ability to communicate effectively across all channels
- Ability to produce content quickly
- Experience in writing scripts and shooting and editing graphics for social sharing
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly
- Detail-oriented, with outstanding organizational skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with a diverse team
- Proactive, creative and independent thinker
- Delivering multiple assignments on deadline
Criteria to Apply:
Your Application Submission Must Include:
- Completed application
- Resume and cover letter
- Writing samples (three if possible): Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment (press release, pitch letter, media kit), a campus newspaper or magazine article, or an essay, letter, or memo of some sort
**While our teams are located primarily in SF, Dallas and Washington D.C., we will be remote for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19. Thus, candidates should be willing to relocate to the office they are hired into upon 3-6 months of their start date, but immediate relocation upon acceptance of a Fellowship offer is not required.
Methods+Mastery believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
All materials must be submitted online before an application will be considered complete and ready for review.
Application Period: All applications must be submitted by August 30, 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Does M+M provide relocation assistance to fellows? We do not offer financial relocation assistance for the fellowship; however, we do offer information and resources to aid fellows in their housing search.
- Can applicants apply to multiple locations? The program application asks for your top three location preferences, but you may also apply to other locations of interest. In addition, we may contact you to inquire about your interest in locations to which you have not applied if your background aligns with our needs.
- Does M+M provide visa sponsorship for fellows? We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for the fellowship. However, we do accept all applicants who are authorized to work in the United States, including those on student visas.
- How many fellowship positions are available? The number of fellows hired each year varies based on office and business needs at that time.
- What is the duration of the fellowship? Fellowships are intended to last a minimum of six months up to one year.
- When will applicants be contacted for interviews? The interview process begins in August and typically concludes with hiring decisions in late August for a September start date.
- Where should letters of recommendation be sent? If requested, letters of recommendations should be submitted as an attachment and emailed to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com.
- To whom should application materials be addressed? Materials should be addressed to the AFDF Selection Committee.
- Where do I upload materials? Materials should be uploaded under the resume/attachments section of your online application.
All other questions regarding the fellowship should be sent to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com. Please do not contact the offices directly.