Art Director Internship (Fall), Chicago
Want to launch your creative career? There’s no place better than Chicago—and no place better than an internship with the leading communications firm in Chicago!
FleishmanHillard is currently looking for energetic, motivated, collaborative, “I’m-ready-to-start-my-career” candidates to join our Creative team as an art director intern from September through December (and maybe longer!). If that’s you, please apply online by Friday, August 16 and tell us why we should choose you to join our amazing team! This is a full-time position, and when you apply online, make sure to also submit:
- A cover letter (Tip: Consider this a writing test)
- Resume (Tip: See tip above)
And before you ask, YES! FleishmanHillard Chicago internship positions are paid!
From our downtown Chicago office overlooking Michigan Avenue, you will have the opportunity to work as part of our Creative team and deliver best-in-class work for our clients (some of the most well-known brands in the world!).
There’s no busy work here; this is a real job with real expectations and deadlines. On any given day, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating on new, big ideas and concepts for current client work
- Supporting the Creative team with all client and new business creative needs
- Managing assigned project workload while always looking to elevate the work
- Assisting with day-to-day Creative and account team needs
In order to be considered, you must have completed your junior year of undergraduate study, though, in full transparency, we do give first consideration to graduating seniors and recent graduates. Why you ask? Because we only hire for our most junior-level full-time positions (the Assistant Account Executive level) from our intern pool, so we like to have candidates on board who are available to be hired once their internship is over (assuming we have an opening, of course).
We are also looking for:
- Idea-driven, always thinking of new and creative ways to solve problems
- Passion for visual, creative, graphic design, multi-media and writing
- Graphic Design background with an emphasis on visual creative
- Solid understanding of typography and layout fundamentals
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, but also flourish as a team player
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Flexible and demonstrates a positive attitude
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and has a working knowledge of Premiere.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and PowerPoint
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named Large Agency of the Year at the 2019 North American SABRE Awards; Outstanding Large Agency from the 2019 PRWeek U.S. Awards; PRWeek’s Best Places to Work 2017; PR News’ Best Places to Work in PR 2016-2017; Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality for 2018; PR Awards Asia 2017 Greater China Agency of the Year; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2018. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, and has more than 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.