At FleishmanHillard, we believe that creative powers business-changing ideas, magnetic stories and award-winning communications. The creative team has an essential role in the success of every social media, public relations and brand marketing campaign. We have an immediate opening for an Art Director in our Chicago office to join this team and help shape our work for a global client roster.
The AD must have a strong creative vision and know how to harness it to solve business problems. They must be a highly conceptual thinker that can translate briefs into interesting, attention-grabbing ideas. This person will be instrumental in contributing ideas and bringing them to life with excellent communication skills and smart, purposeful visuals.
The AD should possess a highly collaborative spirit, as the role will work closely with our consumer brand marketing practice teams in Chicago and network-wide.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Understand client issues and objectives and translate them into the development and execution of creative concepts.
- Lead ideation and brainstorms to inspire innovative, on-brief ideas.
- Work collaboratively with creative and account teams to produce creative solutions for earned PR, social, presentations, print, digital, and other marketing needs.
- Present and sell in creative work to both internal teams and clients.
- Lead direction and management of visual creative deliverables.
- Assist in establishing estimates and budgets and demonstrate an ability to work successfully on deadlines and within budget.
To be successful, the candidate must have an outstanding track record of delivering strategic and high-quality creative work, be a natural leader and demonstrate the ability to go above and beyond to get the job done. Interested candidates should be imaginative and endlessly curious with a love for cultural trends and passion for branding, art, content strategy and the power of creativity. In addition, candidates should have:
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range of creative thinking and executions.
- Exceptional conceptual thinking.
- 3 - 6 years of experience working on a creative team.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint. Experience with After Effects and other audio/video editing software a plus.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and convey strategic. direction/requirements into visual designs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Design or related field.