Assistant Account Executive- Healthcare
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening in our Kansas City office for an Assistant Account Executive to join our growing healthcare team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a PR professional with a passion for healthcare-related public relations and communications to work closely with FH senior management, and assist healthcare clients with their external public relations and communications activities. This individual will face a broad array of challenges including advocacy relations, media relations, and marketing communications for pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device companies and hospitals.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who:
Is a solid team player and eager to grow their career in healthcare communications.
Is a successful project manager with solid interpersonal skills.
Is a skilled writer and communicator.
- Play a supporting role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help analyze and summarize news coverage and data communications, oversee projects and clients, and contribute to new business proposals and opportunities.
- Pitch sophisticated ideas and drive media campaigns in healthcare and trade media.
- Develop strong traditional media relationships, as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
- Develop and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, data, speaking abstracts, and marketing collateral.
- Previous experience supporting communications programs. Knowledge of healthcare matters/clients preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate complex information into lay language.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of third-party organizations, including healthcare professionals and patient associations.
- General understanding of the media environment and established media contacts: healthcare trade, national, spokespersons, with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage.
- Experience with new digital media and social networking tactics and program development, including paid social media.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group:
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.