Billing Manager, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
Agency Accounting Services has an immediate opening for a reliable, well organized, and experienced Accounting Manager to lead our Billing team.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing Billing activities within the Agency Accounting Services (AAS) team. As a leader within AAS, this role will play a key part in mentoring and motivating the team of direct reports, many of whom are located in the St.Louis location, in addition to being involved in daily and month-end processes as needed. This individual will help to ensure that team goals are met and/or exceeded and will support operational excellence and continuous improvement initiatives.
Oversees and leads a team of 15 employees in various activities including:
- Ensures Billing tasks are performed accurately and timely.
- Liaises with global team of employees based outside the U.S. who are working on similar tasks and workloads.
- Develops, implements and maintains processes and procedures to ensure adherence to company policies and promote timely and compliant client invoicing.
- Responds to inquiries from vendors, auditors and also internal personnel to meet business needs .
- Selects and hires employees for the tasks mentioned above. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees through monetary and non-monetary means within company guidelines.
- Prepares and leads regular trainings for internal clients to educate and refresh employees regarding Billing procedures.
- Completes special projects and work with other team members within and outside of the Accounting department.
- Establishes and maintains strong, collaborative relationships with internal and external clients to identify additional ways to be of service and ensure needs are met.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of Corporate Accounting work experience, some in client billing required.
- 5-8 years of experience in managing 15 or more people.
- Large ERP AP system experience, PeopleSoft a plus.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Account Principles and SOX Internal Control procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- A proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent all-around leadership, communication, organizational and customer service skills.
About Agency Accounting Services
Agency Accounting Services supports the global accounting function within Omnicom Group Inc. Based on our history of professionalism and exceptional service, AAS was appointed as a destination for accounting system consolidations across the Omnicom network. We are focused on delivering premier customer service, and timely and accurate financial information, to help agency management run their organizations more effectively.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.