Brand Marketing Intern (Summer 2020), Chicago
Want to launch your career in the city? There’s no place better than Chicago. And no place better for an internship with the leading communications firm in Chicago!
We are currently looking for energetic, motivated, collaborative, “I’m-ready-to-start-my-career” candidates to join us from May to September (and maybe longer!) If that’s you, please apply online by Friday, March 6 and tell us why we should choose you to join our amazing team!
When you apply online, make sure to also submit:
- A cover letter (Tip: Consider this a writing test!)
- Resume (Tip: See tip above.)
And before you ask, YES! FleishmanHillard Chicago internship positions are paid!
Position Overview and Responsibilities
From our downtown Chicago office overlooking Michigan Avenue, you will have the opportunity to work as part of our Brand Marketing team and deliver best-in-class work for our clients (some of the most well-known brands in the world!).
- Handle research projects
- Conduct media monitoring
- Tackle writing assignments or develop social content
- Pitch the media
- Staff special events
In order to be considered, you must have completed your junior year of undergraduate study, though, in full transparency, we do give first consideration to graduating seniors and recent graduates. Why you ask? Because we only hire for our most junior-level full-time positions (the Assistant Account Executive level) from our intern pool, so we like to have candidates on board who are available to be hired once their internship is over (assuming we have an opening, of course).
So, who is the ideal candidate? Someone who is looking to work hard, has an interest in brand marketing and have fun while gaining valuable experience to begin their career in PR and communications. Being able to write well is a must. Research skills are always helpful, as is comfort with pitching media. Prior internship experience is always good to see as well.
Applications are welcome from students with concentrations in all major areas, but backgrounds in journalism, public relations, strategic communications, English, and radio and television broadcasting are preferred.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I intern part-time? Candidates with full-time availability are preferred. The typical work day is 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- How many internship positions are available? The number of interns hired for each session varies based on the office’s needs at that time.
- Do you reply to all applicants? Yes, we respond to all inquiries internship inquiries.
- Is an internship necessary for an entry-level position? Yes. Our most entry-level positions are filled by people who have successfully completed at least one internship session us. We see an internship as the best first step in establishing a career at FleishmanHillard. Consider it an opportunity for both of us to try the relationship on for size. Many of our most successful colleagues – both in Chicago and in the FleishmanHillard global network -- started their careers with us as interns.
- If requested, what type of writing samples should I submit? Examples of writing samples may include news releases, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, research reports, social media content and any other document that you feel best showcases your writing skills.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named Large Agency of the Year at the 2019 North American SABRE Awards; Outstanding Large Agency from the 2019 PRWeek U.S. Awards; PRWeek’s Best Places to Work 2017; PR News’ Best Places to Work in PR 2016-2017; Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality for 2018; PR Awards Asia 2017 Greater China Agency of the Year; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2018. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, and has more than 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.