Collections Specialist, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
Agency Accounting Services believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Collections Specialist is responsible for the efficient and effective collection of Accounts Receivable for multiple agencies within a Shared Service Center environment. This role requires excellent communication skills, including proactively updating multiple constituents. Strong teamwork is a valued asset in this fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Responsible for initiating calls to clients with past due balances
- Formulate and implement strategies that will meet the Shared Service Center KPI’s
- Sound decisions regarding the status and proper handling of customer accounts
- Communicate with clients about billing discrepancies and questions
- Achieve daily collection call goals and communicate those results to management
- Establish consistent and productive communication channels with Agency Credit Managers and Finance teams as necessary to support the Collections process
- Demonstrate initiative and superior customer care through research and responsiveness
- Reconcile accounts receivable discrepancies using ERP system data
- Research and document activity related to collections efforts
- Run and distribute aging reports
- Provide copies of invoices and statements
- Provide document support upon client, or agency request
- Negotiate and structure payment plans and dispute settlements
- Recommend adjustments, credits, or write-offs
Minimum Required skills and experiences:
- Associates’ Degree in Accounting, or Finance
- One to three years’ experience in Accounts Receivable and Collections
- Experience in a Shared Service Center environment preferred, but not required
- Experience in the following areas is also desired:
- Experience with financial ERP systems – PeopleSoft preferred
- Proficiency of Microsoft office applications including Microsoft Excel
Personal and Social Skills:
- Excellent, professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Detail oriented
- Self-motivated with ability to discern priorities for optimal results
- Must be able to work at a fast pace to include data entry at an advanced level
- Maintain a focus on excellent customer service, while applying accounting concepts, practices and procedures
About Agency Accounting Services
Agency Accounting Services supports the global accounting function within the DAS group of companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. Based on our history of professionalism and exceptional service, AAS was appointed as a destination for accounting system consolidations across the Omnicom/DAS network. We are focused on delivering premier customer service, and timely and accurate financial information, to help agency management run their organizations more effectively.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.