Commercial Finance Assistant, London
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Great opportunity for someone looking to start their career in commercial finance! A study package is included so if you're interested in training for professional qualifications within a global company, read on.
Our finance team is a friendly bunch and looking for an Assistant to help provide accurate data from across all areas of the business to aid in commercial decision making. Initially, the role has three key areas requiring support.
Commercial Business Partner Support:
- Prepare actual time vs budget reports for both internal reporting to project managers and external reporting for clients
- Produce weekly WIP (work in progress) reports for all practices
- Assist with setting up new project codes and closing codes that are no longer required
- Produce missing time and missing worksheet reports
- Assist with client third party and out of pocket cost reconciliations
- Assist with allocating cash receipts for posting
Accounts Payable Support:
- Develop an excellent understanding of the Purchase Order and Expenses system so that you can assist with queries and training when required
- Collaboratively work with the outsourced Accounts Payable team to ensure timely processing of vendor invoices and employee expenses
- Review the Accounts Payable ledger on a weekly basis and provide a commentary for aged items
- Review outstanding Purchase Orders on a weekly basis and check that they are coded correctly and are moving through the approval system in a timely manner
- Work collaboratively with the Commercial Business Partners to ensure that they are aware of significant Purchase Orders that are outstanding
- Assist with intercompany billing
- Provide account and project coding to accounts payable team
- Assist with the bank reconciliation and intercompany reconciliations
- Maintain the intercompany schedule and follow up with intercompany offices to confirm payment dates for outstanding invoices
If you have experience in the above, we would love to hear from you!
About FleishmanHillard Fishburn
FleishmanHillard Fishburn is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. As an agency, we celebrate individuals’ strengths and ambitions - both professionally and personally - encouraging you to be yourself and bring your personal passions to work.
As an agency, we offer a whole host of additional benefits. We care about the whole you: your physical and mental health, your family, your development, your longer-term aspirations, your wallet and even your gigs outside of work – for more details see here - https://cdn.fhflondon.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2019/02/FHF-benefits-booklet.pdf.
We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year, we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.