Content Specialist Intern (Winter/Spring 2020), Atlanta
Position Overview and Responsibilities
We’re looking for an energetic self-starter to join the FleishmanHillard Atlanta team for winter/spring 2020. Interns will work alongside FleishmanHillard Atlanta’s account staff to support content ideation and creation across media and digital media channels on behalf of local, national and international healthcare, B2B and enterprise technology clients.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Intern responsibilities and skills-building opportunities include:
- Understanding the differences of media and digital/social media channels to create engaging and relevant content under tight deadlines. Partner with account leads to ensure that content is of the highest quality working to understand and incorporate the appropriate tone and voice
- Assist teams in shaping client content, stories, and messages, with the goal of integrating clients into the broader news cycle and appropriate social conversations
- Support the creation of editorial calendars, and help to plan and coordinate social content, write news releases, pitch letters, blog posts and other correspondence
- Regularly draft messages (both proactive and reactive) on behalf of a large brand, corporation, or executives for issues/crisis communications
Additional Responsibilities could include:
- Support development of presentations for clients, including critical thinking and analysis of data to inform insights, outcomes, and implications for future programs
- Analyze content and data to measure the performance of published content and identify opportunities
- Support execution of day-to-day account deliverables, including community management, monitoring and scheduling
- Support account management team leads, including project coordination and tracking
- Stay current with the latest content trends, emerging platforms and online communities as well as relevant client and industry trends
Candidates will have graduated from college with a focus in journalism, public relations, communications, English or any other writing-focused major. Additionally, the ideal candidate should demonstrate:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in creating content and managing social channels for brands on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will translate business and marketing objectives into creative and compelling copy
- Excellent communications and critical-thinking skills
- An ability to work both independently and as a team member
- An ability to multitask, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn
- An ability to demonstrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information and be comfortable with providing quick counsel on editorial/response recommendations to clients
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), paid position for January through May 2020.
If interested, please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples: Examples would be something written for a classroom assignment (press release, pitch letter, social media posts), a campus newspaper or magazine article, or an essay, blog post, letter, or memo. No calls, please.
If you need assistance please email the Intern Coordinator.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.