Copywriter Internship (Fall), Chicago
Are you looking to launch your career as a creative copywriter, taking complex ideas and translating them into memorable messages? Well look no further than FleishmanHillard Chicago!
We are currently looking for an energetic, motivated, collaborative, “I’m-ready-to-start-my-career” candidate to join our team as a copywriter from September through December (and maybe longer!). If that’s you, please apply online by Friday, August 16 and tell us why we should choose you to join our amazing team! This is a full-time position, and when you apply online, make sure to also submit:
- A cover letter (Tip: Consider this a writing test!)
- Resume (Tip: See tip above)
- Portfolio link with writing samples if you’ve got one
And before you ask, YES! FleishmanHillard Chicago internship positions are paid!
From our downtown Chicago office, overlooking Michigan Avenue, you will have the opportunity to work with our Brand Marketing, Reputation Management, and Creative teams to deliver best-in-class work for our clients (some of the most well-known brands in the world!).
There’s no busy work here; this is a real job with real expectations and real deadlines. On any given day, your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting business development by editing and writing compelling copy, narratives, and stories
- Collaborating on new creative concepts and messages for current client work
- Managing assigned project tasks while always looking to elevate the work
- Assisting with day-to-day account team needs
In order to be considered, you must have completed your junior year of undergraduate study, though, in full transparency, we do give first consideration to graduating seniors and recent graduates. Why you ask? Because we only hire for our most junior-level full-time positions (the Assistant Account Executive level) from our intern pool, so we like to have candidates on board who are available to be hired once their internship is over (assuming we have an opening, of course).
We are looking for a candidate that has:
- A passion for creative and articulate writing
- Daring ideas that push the boundaries of creativity
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with corporate writing, and what messages resonate in business environments and with consumers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong eye for detail
- Ability to work independently, but also flourish as a team player
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- A positive attitude and willingness to be flexible
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, primarily Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named Large Agency of the Year at the 2019 North American SABRE Awards; Outstanding Large Agency from the 2019 PRWeek U.S. Awards; PRWeek’s Best Places to Work 2017; PR News’ Best Places to Work in PR 2016-2017; Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality for 2018; PR Awards Asia 2017 Greater China Agency of the Year; and NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2018. The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, and has more than 80 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.