Corporate Legal Counsel
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Fleishman-Hillard Inc. (FleishmanHillard), has an immediate opening for a corporate legal counsel position in the corporate headquarters office in St. Louis, Missouri. The corporate counsel’s primary function will be to support the mission of the Office of the General Counsel to provide responsive, valuable, and professional legal services to the company. The Corporate Counsel will report to the FleishmanHillard General Counsel with dotted line reporting to the FleishmanHillard Assistant General Counsel.
FleishmanHillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts with vendors and clients.
- Reviewing and advising on procurement opportunities and processes, e.g. RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, etc.
- Assisting in implementing and maintaining compliance programs and strategies for company-wide compliance with applicable laws, practices, and industry standards, including international, federal, state, and local jurisdictions.
- Serving as a legal resource on corporate/business matters to client-facing professional staff (e.g. public relations, public affairs, creative, etc.), as well as internal support functions such as talent development, IT, accounting and finance, accounts payable and receivable, and administration.
- Working with legal department colleagues and management to identify and to mitigate risk exposures for the company.
- Interacting with outside legal counsel on designated matters.
- Staying current on legal developments that affect company business and that foster continuing personal improvement in the quality and level of legal advice provided.
- Working collaboratively with the other legal team members and colleagues to deliver timely and results-oriented legal services within the company.
- Serving as a role model for ethics and professionalism in business conduct.
- Undertaking such other professional responsibilities and duties as requested by supervisors.
- Successful candidates should have at least 5 to 10 years of experience in contract negotiation and corporate law. The ideal candidate will have experience both as in-house counsel as well as at a law firm.
- JD degree, must be licensed in the state of Missouri.
- In-depth experience in drafting, negotiating and managing contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, with a solid, practical grasp of the legal areas mentioned, and the ability, judgment and interpersonal skills to function effectively and collaboratively as an integral and valued team member.
- Commitment to ethics.
- Demonstrated grasp of the impact of legal, budget, and financial considerations in contracting.
- Experience negotiating applicable insurance terms in commercial transactions.
- Deep experience in professional services contracting.
- Proven, responsible and cogent decision-making ability, problem solving skills, and judgment.
- Ability to prioritize, to remain calm and focused, and to deliver quality work product in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent demands.
- Strong aptitude in marketing, branding, and advertising law.
- Hands-on experience in procurement and contracting in the private sector as well as the government sector.
- Substantive experience in intellectual property/intellectual technology – negotiating software contracts; licensing agreements; creative/developmental agreements; privacy, publicity, and ownership rights, etc.
- Aptitude and experience in data privacy and data security compliance.
- Practical working knowledge of laws, regulations, and regulatory agencies related to the company’s business sector, such as FCPA, FARA, GDPR, CCPA, Sarbanes-Oxley, Lanham Act, FTC Act, and other applicable federal and international laws, as well as relevant regulations by applicable government agencies such as the FTC, OFAC, FTC, IRS, and SEC, etc.
- Effective leadership skills and the ability to contribute strategic insight while providing hands-on legal counsel.
FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, ethics, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary and a robust offering of benefits including medical/dental/vision, life/disability insurance, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan with a significant company match.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.