Creative Director, London
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Creative Studio is our inhouse design powerhouse! As an end-to-end design consultancy in a large integrated agency, we benefit significantly from our position within one of a few truly global network companies.
We love great design, compelling video, shareable content and publications you can't help but pick up. But what we love the most is turning this passion for visuals into powerful creative work that elevates a brand’s message.
Our studio team is made up of 25 creatives, designers, film makers, artworkers, proof-readers, producers and project managers.
We are passionate about creativity and harnessing its power to bring our clients’ stories to life. We combine our diverse experience, insatiable curiosity and deep, strategic insight to create inspiring, award-winning solutions.
You are an exceptionally talented and passionate Creative Director with the ability to lead and shape our growing and ambitious creative department as well as steering the overall visual creatives produced across the agency.
You’ll work as part of a team (and alone at times) to lead, inspire and create effective and fresh work on the day-to-day business of all FHF’s accounts. Essentially, we need you to jump in, identify (and solve) problems, new opportunities, build and inspire teams and imagine new solutions.
Reporting into the Studio Lead, you will be equally at home working on challenging corporate reports, brand identities as well as digital and moving image projects.
You will be collaborative but able to mentor, drive and lead a truly talented, integrated creative team and are equally happy rolling your sleeves up and getting hands-on when a project or pitch needs it.
You’ll be a key member of the company and will play a pivotal role in building a great and inclusive culture, new business and winning pitches with innovative ideas. You’ll also use your excellent communication and presentation skills to juggle multiple projects and pitches at any one time.
The talented team lead in this role is an experienced Creative Director and skilled new business professional with good instincts and an adventurous spirit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the quality and presentation of creative work across all clients. Presenting work coherently and persuasively; expressing ideas in a form that clients can buy – you’ll be client-facing and dealing with senior contacts throughout their organisation.
- Developing and delivering innovative proposals for new business opportunities.
- Ability to work across a breadth of projects covering brand identity, digital design, social media, investor communications and corporate reporting.
- Overseeing and mentoring members of the design team, supporting their project roles and individual career development.
- Providing regular team leadership and constructive feedback on all accounts in the business unit.
- Continually looking for ways to improve Creative Department methods, problem solving models and best practices.
- Effectively communicating creative ideas and strategies to all project stakeholders.
- Building the design service offering in close partnership with other directors.
- Making wider contributions to the agency overall, including cross-office marketing, business development, strategy and culture.
- Have experience managing and inspiring a design team, preferably in an agency environment.
- You’re passionate about storytelling, visual communication and creating engaging experiences.
- Are highly motivated and able to thrive in both large-scale collaborative environments as well as independently.
- Have a hands-on attitude and will strive to make a positive impact to our team, our work and our clients.
- A creative thinker with first class design skills and a passion for ideas-driven and engaging communication solutions.
- An ambition to produce award-winning work and strive for the highest creative standards.
- Have natural leadership skills with experience guiding large teams.
- Experience of designing for FTSE 100/250 corporate reporting projects would be an advantage.
- Ability to think creatively against demanding deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Proven ability for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines.
- Proven success rationalising concepts and effectively selling to clients. A good understanding of HTML/CSS, After Effects and Final Cut Pro would be a bonus.
- Solid understanding and appreciation for the distinction between creative expression and commercial reality.
If this sounds like you and you have a folio bursting to the seams with eye catching, well thought out creative we would love to hear from you!
About FleishmanHillard Fishburn
FleishmanHillard Fishburn is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age. As an agency we celebrate individuals’ strengths and ambitions - both professionally and personally - encouraging you to be yourself and bring your personal passions to work.
We offer a whole host of additional benefits from private medical and financial consulting to inhouse massage and wellness clinics. We care about the whole you: your physical and mental health, your family, your development, your longer-term aspirations, your wallet and even your gigs outside of work – for more details see the careers section of our website.
Joining FHF brings the benefits of belonging to a top global network whilst enabling individuals to grow in a genuinely entrepreneurial environment. Not to mention our PR Week Award for ‘Best Places to Work’ (2018)!
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.