Creative Internship Programme UAE – Arabic/English Speaker, Dubai
WHO WE ARE
FleishmanHillard in the Middle East shares the guiding principles of the firm’s founders: mutual respect, integrity, teamwork and “client comes first” customer service. We combine an in-depth knowledge of Arabic culture with years of multidiscipline communications expertise.
As today’s global marketplace continues to evolve, countries in the Middle East are looking to diversify economies and further open markets to international business. To that end, there is a growing need for clear, consistent and strategic communication and reputation management. Our offices in the Middle East (Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Jeddah) offer experienced local practitioners who understand their markets and combine global expertise to deliver results.
You’re creative. You’ve studied creative subjects. Had countless creative ideas. Created many creative things. Now, you’re ready to take on the world. You just need a good place and opportunity to shine.
We’re looking for a Creative Intern who can help us handle our day-to-day creative needs.
Ideally, you’re a visual designer who is just getting started in your career and you want hands-on agency experience. While design is your greatest strength, you’re a multi-talented, multi-tasker who can support our entire team of writers, designers, and video producers.
Please note that the three month internship is unpaid. However, successful applicants will receive a small expenses allowance of AED 500 per week.
Tasks include (but aren’t limited to):
- Presentation design
- Camera work
- Video editing and post production
- Visual mockups for presentations (e.g. social media feeds, landing pages, storyboards, event booths)
- Photo editing (selections, cropping, color correction, basic re-touching)
- Designing/Laying out short- and long-form documents for digital and print distribution (white papers, case studies, HTML emails, event invitations, etc.)
- Social media content (static and animated)
- Data visualization and infographics
- Proofreading and light editorial work
- Occasional short-form writing
- The work is primarily nuts-and-bolts production design, but there are also plenty of opportunities to learn, grow, and work with some good, smart people.
WHO YOU ARE
You’re either currently pursuing (or have recently completed) a degree or advanced degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communication, or similar. Barring that, you have at least 1 to 2 years of equivalent experience with an agency or in-house, client-service-oriented creative team.
Basic proficiency with the Adobe Creative Cloud apps (particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook) is a must. These are the tools of your trade. Experience with basic web languages (HTML5, CSS3, jQuery) and UX/UI design would be amazing, but not required.
- Knowledge of basic design principles (visual design, typography, color theory, and UX).
- Experience with film/video, motion graphics, and animation is also preferred.
- Comfort working in a diverse professional environment with standard office hours.
- An effective and pleasant verbal and written communication style.
- An ability to play nice with others.
- The confidence to take direction and constructive criticism well.
- The understanding that client service means
- Working without ego, and
- Navigating diverse opinions and personality types.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted to email@example.com will be considered.