Designer, Kansas City
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s Kansas City office has an immediate opening for a talented designer with a voracious appetite to learn, grow, work hard and have fun. If you are curious and inventive, are someone who is not afraid to push the creative boundaries and drive our clients to new levels of innovative thinking – then read on.
FleishmanHillard Kansas City offers a fast-paced environment that encourages personal and professional growth. We work on projects ranging from regional to global in scope for some resume bolstering brands. If you’d like to hang, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute against the full spectrum of communication mediums and disciplines including interactive, mobile, social, advertising, branding, experiential, presentations, environmental and print.
FleishmanHillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop creative look and feel, and ensure implementation of the vision and direction for clients.
- Develop high-caliber presentation templates and graphics.
- Create show-stopping storytelling presentations for current clients and business development.
- Develop original design concepts for multiple, simultaneous projects, including print collateral, trade show designs, and mailers.
- Create outstanding design for all-things social and digital including: cross channel applications, large scale web engagements, online advertising, digital marketing, business development initiatives, branding collateral and video.
- Work collaboratively with design and account team to produce creative design solutions for clients spanning platforms, including the development of content for branded social media channels, mobile, presentations, print materials, websites, blogs, etc.
- Manage and prioritize projects to ensure flawless delivery.
- Voracious appetite to learn, grow, work hard, have fun, be entrepreneurial, curious and inventive.
- 3-4 years of experience doing awesome design work—preferably for a social media, public relations, advertising, interactive, or marketing firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field and a stellar portfolio.
- Ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience with After Effects and other audio/video editing software a plus.
- Experience w/online advertising, banner design & production, rich media advertising, HTML e-mails, screensavers, games, as well as other emerging technologies.
- Ability to convey strategic direction/requirements into visual designs.
- A detailed understanding of best social media and web practices, i.e. design optimization, usability & functionality.
- Solid understanding of web technologies including browsers, platforms and devices.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.