Director- Human Resources, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
Agency Accounting Services (AAS) is a shared services organization serving several agencies within Omnicom Group, including FleishmanHillard, Ketchum, Porter Novelli, CPM, GMMB, VOX Global, CLS and others. AAS works closely with this group of agencies who are among the leading global communications firms, widely recognized for excellent client service and strong company cultures founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. AAS supports operations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America. The shared services team uses the latest version of PeopleSoft financial systems, Cognos reporting and Docfinity document management. The team includes both software engineers and process improvement specialists who support a group of talented, hard-working accountants and accounting specialists. AAS has built a reputation for delivering quality accounting support for agencies that compete in a fast-paced environment.
Agency Accounting Services has an immediate opening for a hands-on, experienced human resources professional to help establish and build the HR function in the shared service organization. This business-oriented HR professional should understand how to integrate HR objectives with business strategy to drive performance, accountability, change, organizational alignment, leadership and management effectiveness in a diverse and inclusive environment. The HR Director role will be accountable for delivering on our HR Priorities, including talent management, leadership development and organizational effectiveness.
Agency Accounting Services believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Prioritize needs of a newly established HR function, including support for the shared service staff as well as developing an HR offering for the client agencies AAS supports.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization's compliance.
- Partner with leaders to diagnose, coach and provide solutions to enable our leaders and teams to collaborate and continuously transform themselves and their teams to deliver business results.
- Provide strategic business partnership to leadership team.
- Leverage business acumen, competitive insights, external benchmarking, data, and best-in-class resources to inform decisions on workforce planning, organizational structures, processes and communication as it relates to building a shared service.
- Own the shared accountability for people and culture by influencing the cultural evolution through talent acquisition, rewards systems, employee engagement, leadership development, talent diversity, and creating an inclusive environment.
- Build a team of HR professionals. Coach, manage and lead that team to support shared service staff and to provide a quality HR offering to the agencies AAS supports.
- Experience partnering with and influencing senior executives and teams within a complex, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated success in applying fresh, creative thinking and a growth mindset to long-standing, complex challenges/problems resulting in high impact outcomes.
- Desire to grow and develop employees in a complex and matrixed business environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional people management and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to have difficult, nuanced conversations with clarity, empathy, and a focus on the employee experience.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR laws such as EEOC guidelines, FSLA and ADA in US or equivalent labor laws in international locations.
- BS/BA degree in related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of directly applicable HR experience or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience.
About Agency Accounting Services
Agency Accounting Services supports the global accounting function within the DAS group of companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. Based on our history of professionalism and exceptional service, AAS was appointed as a destination for accounting system consolidations across the Omnicom/DAS network. We are focused on delivering premier customer service, and timely and accurate financial information, to help agency management run their organizations more effectively.
About the DAS Group of Companies
The DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), is a global group of marketing services companies. DAS includes over 200 companies in the following marketing disciplines: specialty, PR, healthcare, CRM, events, promotional marketing, branding and research. Operating through a combination of networks and regional organizations, DAS serves international, regional, national and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group Inc.
Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom's branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.