Director - Talent Development, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a hands-on, experienced human resources professional to help join its dynamic Talent Development Team. This business-oriented HR professional should understand how to integrate HR objectives with business strategy to drive performance, accountability, change, organizational alignment, leadership and management effectiveness in a diverse and inclusive environment. The HR Director role will be accountable for delivering on our HR Priorities, including talent management, leadership development and organizational effectiveness.
FleishmanHillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure organization's compliance.
- Partner with leaders to diagnose, coach and provide solutions to enable our leaders and teams to collaborate and continuously transform themselves and their teams to deliver business results.
- Provide strategic business partnership to leadership team.
- Leverage business acumen, competitive insights, external benchmarking, data, and best-in-class resources to inform decisions on workforce planning, organizational structures, processes and communication as it relates to building a shared service.
- Manage regular and ad hoc reporting needs by designing and developing reports, and providing analysis to meet the needs of human resources and other staff across the company
- Provide creative solutions to information requests by gathering, reporting and analyzing human resources data
- Manage the full-cycle recruitment process for all levels of candidates, from proactive sourcing to offer stage and beyond
- Own the shared accountability for people and culture by influencing the cultural evolution through talent acquisition, rewards systems, employee engagement, leadership development, talent diversity, and creating an inclusive environment.
- Experience partnering with and influencing senior executives and teams within a complex, matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated success in applying fresh, creative thinking and a growth mindset to long-standing, complex challenges/problems resulting in high impact outcomes.
- Desire to grow and develop employees in a complex and matrixed business environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional people management and leadership capabilities.
- Ability to have difficult, nuanced conversations with clarity, empathy, and a focus on the employee experience.
- Excellent cross-group collaboration, communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR laws such as EEOC guidelines, FSLA and ADA in US or equivalent labor laws in international locations.
- BS/BA degree in related field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of directly applicable HR experience or an equivalent combination of advanced training and experience.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of the Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of DAS, and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.