Editorial + Content Director, Social + Innovation, San Francisco
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard San Francisco is seeking a versatile Editorial and Content Lead to join our Social + Innovation team. Part managing editor and strategist, as well as a hands-on writer and content creator, the ideal candidate will lead the design and shaping of editorial strategy for our clients including the structure, timing, and sequence of stories and campaigns in the earned, paid and owned media space. Our ideal candidate will be a key leader on the San Francisco social + innovation team, and will be instrumental in cultivating and growing accounts while managing a team of high performers.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the bay area, FleishmanHillard San Francisco practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include FitBit, GM, EA, Amazon, Cisco, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Serve as editorial and content counselor and strategist embedded on account teams for multiple global brands.
- Develop and oversee content strategies including stories and other digital assets, often from the ideation stage, to outstanding pieces of work that will resonate and inspire.
- Drive messaging strategies for a variety of clients.
- Write, edit and deliver materials on often tight deadlines with an emphasis on quality. Ensure all content is on-brand for clients, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- Run interviews in a media training environment for senior clients and executives.
- Create, manage and maintain editorial calendars, partnering with clients to create compelling and timely content.
- Build, lead and manage a team of high performing writers and editors to maximize team performance.
- Manage budgets and key engagements for an established and well-known client base, and make decisions to ensure accounts run effectively and efficiently.
- 10-15+ years proven experience managing teams focused on content creation, ideally in an online or off-line newsroom
- Strong editorial sense and experience creating and driving content strategy. Be adept at crafting content fit for purpose from tweet to white paper,
- Experience hiring, managing and growing teams of writers and content creators.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in creating content and managing social channels for brands on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will translate business and marketing objectives into creative and compelling copy.
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information and be comfortable with providing quick counsel on editorial/response recommendations to clients.
- Experience developing and editing a wide variety of written materials on tight deadlines, with an emphasis on quality and brand consistency.
- Polished executive presence and the ability to consult confidently and effectively with C-level executives. This individual also will be adept at building strong relationships with senior leadership throughout the FH network.
- Experience in managing full-scale projects, communicating across groups as needed.
- Ability to show personality along with patience and a sense of humor.
- Energetic self-starter who has a sense of responsibility and the ability to work with a team or independently.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.