EU Policy Advisor Financial Services, Brussels
Position Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a management level EU policy advisor with 5+ years professional experience in financial services to join our established leading Financial Services & Technology practice in Brussels.
FleishmanHillard Brussels is one of Europe’s leading EU public affairs and communications consultancies. We have an excellent track record of advising blue chip clients as they navigate regulatory, political and reputational issues which shape our futures.
Our consultants integrate world class sectoral expertise with deep policy and communication skills. We believe there is no substitute for knowing your sector inside and out, and our approach hinges on trusted partnership with our clients to solve their challenges.
In our Brussels office, our Financial Services & Technology practice consists of over 30 full-time consultants advising over 45 clients spanning banking, asset management, insurance, treasury management, market infrastructures, data providers, payments providers, financial analysts, standard setters and the technology sector.
The role entails advising clients on the implications of EU political and policy developments for their business and to develop communication and engagement strategies to navigate these developments.
The Role will Include
- Direct responsibility for providing day to day support and advice to a number of clients of the Financial Services & Technology practice as part of the relevant client teams
- Leading within the team on a number of specific financial services issues
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of clients’ engagement
- Providing political and legislative insights in support of such engagement
- Advising on and implementing outreach programmes towards the European institutions and Member States
- Analysing political and policy developments and drafting tailored notes to clients on their potential implications for their business
The Successful Candidate will Demonstrate
- 5+ years professional experience in financial services in either the public or private sector
- Interest in advising clients across the sector
- Ability to grasp and communicate complex policy issues
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Commitment to the highest standards of service delivery
- Ability to manage multiple issues and deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Supportive, collaborative and willing team player
- Track record demonstrating interest in economic and political issues
- Fluent English; fluency in one or more other languages is a plus
If you are qualified and interested in this opportunity please send your CV (NO Europass) and motivation letter via our website: fleishmanhillard.com/careers.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
About Omnicom Group
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.