Executive Creative Director
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard’s creative team harnesses the collective power of creative, social and strategic marketing communications to produce business-changing ideas and award-winning communications. We have an opening for an Executive Creative Director at our global headquarters in St Louis, Missouri to work in partnership with our planning, research and analytics, and content teams to drive creativity across the agency. The Executive Creative Director will lead the development of creative strategy and high-impact, channel-neutral ideas for a variety of global brands across a range of industries and practices. The Executive Creative Director must be a solid creative strategist, capable of envisioning, leading and implementing as the situation requires. All while leading a 50+ team of Creative Directors, Art Directors, Designers, Copywriters, and other content producers, creating compelling stories that support our clients’ brands.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment where more than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Proactively drive and own the creative process to generate and sell-in creative, actionable and unique programs rooted in a clear idea and insight, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of a client's business and its consumer/audience
- Work collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders to identify and agree on key insights to help drive creative programming and ensure all concepts are on brief and on insight
- Act as a catalyst to generate and embrace a diversity of ideas and thinking across the teams
- Work with account team to identify growth opportunities with current and prospective clients
- Ensure the highest level of content quality, message consistency, and integrity
- Operate as a mentor and advisor, helping CDs and designers develop their talents and achieve their goals while strengthening our team and deepening our capabilities
- Act as a senior, strategic counselor for clients, including the development and presentation of integrated communications campaigns
- Engage in consultative planning to meet business requirements and optimize the brand experience
- Foster strategic thinking within the team and consistently drive toward high-caliber deliverables, infusing big ideas and storytelling into breakthrough campaigns
- Lead and motivate teams that touch product and corporate, third-party influencer, regulatory and social programs for global clients
- Continue to raise the profile of FH’s creative practice through business development and marketing efforts, and by leveraging the deep expertise that currently exists within the team to pursue the significant opportunities that exist in both the local and global marketplaces
- Minimum 15+ years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for clients
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients that are distinctive, relevant, creative and measurable
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers and deliver creative insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of brand initiatives
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary,including management of local and distributed teams
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines for integrated strategies (i.e., SEO, Paid Search, Paid Media)
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire teams of creative, social, and strategy members
- Exceptional conceptual thinking
- Deep experience presenting and successfully selling in creative concepts
- Proven track record of solving complex brand challenges; strong balance of traditional, innovative, experimental and digital/social experience
- Demonstrable experience in creating stand out creative work, including working in the digital and social media space
- Ability to lead and drive the best client solutions regardless of ambiguity or changing priorities
- Extensive agency (PR, advertising, digital, etc.) experience
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants. Any person who feels that he or she has been subjected to discrimination should immediately report the matter to Talent Development or to a supervisor.
Any reported incident will be investigated. Retaliation against an employee or applicant who makes a good-faith claim of discrimination is prohibited. Employees and applicants may bring good-faith complaints, ask questions, and raise concerns without fear of reprisal or retaliation.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.