Global Strategic Planner, Chicago
FleishmanHillard’s global business development function is evolving and we are looking add an experienced Planner to our team to sit in our Chicago office. The Global Business Development team is a dedicated organization comprised of talent focused on helping improve our effectiveness in the pursuit and conversion of new business. The success of the business development team relies on the caliber of talent and resources we are investing in, the culture and processes we are committed to continually optimizing, and the close partnership that the function must have with our leadership, general managers, global client leaders, sector and practice leaders, and our partners within Omnicom.
It’s not that we enjoy jumping out of planes. It’s just that big wins don’t happen without taking a few risks. No two companies face exactly the same challenges or opportunities, which is why we believe in carving out the right path for each client.
We don’t have a one size fits all formula for success; we don’t reach into the same bag of tricks. In our experience, the landscape changes too fast to rely on the “tried and true.” That said, we do learn from experience. We’ve blazed trails for startups and Fortune 10 companies around the world, and each adventure has inspired us – inspired new ideas, new thinking, new ways of working, new ways of continually winning!
This role is to be a part of a team that understands our clients’ businesses and internal teams, yet brings divergent thinking, new perspectives and oxygen. We are looking for someone who can help wins by redefining what PR ideas can be and do. This person needs to expose the insights and human truths that are going to inspire and lay the foundation for ideas that can transform the way our audience(s) believe, think feel and do. It’s someone who is a collaborator and welcomes opinions and partnership, but also someone who is an independent creator who is stoked by challenges, fearlessly pushing to create something new. It’s someone who can inspire the firm to think about our opportunities as possibilities to break the perceptions there may be about PR agencies generally, and FleishmanHillard specifically.
This role requires people who describe themselves as an early adopter, a self-starter, a beta tester. The talented team member in this role is an experienced, energetic strategist with good instincts, an adventurous spirit, and proven experience driving effective results. This team leader demonstrates a passion for winning and growing opportunities with new clients as well as existing, and will help expand our world-class portfolio of clients and work in technology, financial and professional services, consumer products and services, healthcare, food and beverage, energy, manufacturing, the public sector and more.
Our culture values talented, nimble, creative people who both are exemplary leaders and effective team players. We need someone who is a relentless challenger but who leaves their ego at the door.
Responsibilities Include :
- Lead strategy on select new business and organic growth opportunities for both US and Global clients
- Develop insights that drive strategy and inspire breakthrough creative ideas
- Elevate FleishmanHillard’s strategic and creative outputs as an evolving global integrated communications firm.
- Work collaboratively with regional leaders and pitch leads to oversee the development of insights and strategy for the project/program/pitch, including facilitation of GPS strategy sessions and other planning discussions
- Optimize the impact of insights in the creative/program development process by working collaboratively with Creative Director, Sector and Practice leads and CRMs on creative concepts, including participating/facilitating ideate sessions to help ensure ideas are on strategy
- Work collaboratively with Global Planning Director and CSP Group to develop and implement tools for strategy, planning and ideation including the training and adopting of insight (GPS), ideation (Ideate) and execution (Activate)
- Raise the overall aptitude of colleagues on the need to follow the BD process as well as the importance of insights to drive ideas
- Work collaboratively with internal and external research partners to bring cultural trends and audience data to help shape insights and strategic development
- Develop and help deploy progressive, industry-leading IP and expertise that continues to elevate the overall agency’s ability to imagine and execute outstanding creative and strategic work for clients
- Drive effective results through strong insights (built on research), authentic storytelling, powerful creative, exciting communications campaigns
- Lead and inspire across the firm to achieve strategic and creative excellence
- Provide support agency Marketing initiatives, as needed, by partnering with Global BD lead and other internal stakeholders
- 10+ years of experience in strategy, client services, including new business with 5+ years of experience in an integrated global communications agency preferred
- Polished presence and exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to creatively build and maintain solid relationships and deliver outstanding results
- Well versed in all forms of integrated marketing including social and digital; continue to drive the adoption of an integrated client experience into all new business efforts
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, and take ownership is essential to success; this leader will be the type of person who either finds a way, or makes one, translating to strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to effectively motivate lead staff throughout the pitch process
- Strong collaborator who can inspire teams to excellence in strategy, creative and execution
- Team player who is focused on the success of the work and the overall GBD and CSP performance, not themselves
FleishmanHillard Inc., one of the world’s leading strategic communications firms, has built its reputation on creating customized, integrated solutions that deliver what its clients value most: meaningful, positive and measurable impact on the performance of their organizations. The firm is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity and personal commitment. Based in St. Louis, the firm operates throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa and Latin America through its 80 owned offices. For more information, visit the FleishmanHillard website at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is a part of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE: OMC) ( www.omnicomgroup.com ). Omnicom is a leading global advertising, marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, interactive, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to more than 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.