Government Contracts Director, St. Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a global communications agency, is seeking a senior contracts director with a deep background in managing government contracts and procurement to join our thriving St. Louis office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for an organized and seasoned government program manager work with our DC team and our St. Louis headquarters to manage contract structure, risk mitigation, process improvement and adherence for a variety of government clients. We’re seeking an individual to oversee all aspects of the firm’s current government contracts, and act as the go-to expert for government contracting, including GSA issues.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Lead all government contracting transactions from initiation to recommendation of award to procurement of items or services with specialized requirements.
- Monitor FleishmanHillard’s contractual performance, approval of progress payments, reviewing and providing recommendations on government awarded change orders, scheduling, problems and proposed solution, verification of deliveries and similar activities.
- Formalize, enhance and maintain the firm’s government compliance programs to ensure adherence to applicable laws and regulations, terms and conditions of government contracts, and company and industry ethics standards.
- Proactively identify potential areas of government contracts vulnerability and risk; develop and implement corrective action plans to resolve problems; provide general guidance on how to avoid and/or deal with similar future situations
- Prepare technical proposals in response to US Government solicitation documents that may include contracts awarded as firm-fixed price, fixed-price-incentive, cost-plus-fixed-fee, level of effort, etc.
- Prepare responses to US Government inquiries on the firm’s execution of awarded contracts.
- Negotiate and manage subcontractor and vendor relationships as required, and ensuring these are compliant with FleishmanHillard’s government contracts
- Minimum 10 years experience successfully managing government contracts, including contract pricing and budget development, with a track record of driving contracts from proposal to completion. Experience with or in the US military is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have formal training and deep experience as a government contracts officer and will have senior level contract administration experience in the private sector.
- Deep background in all facets of government contracts, and working with cross-functional, dispersed teams to ensure appropriate compliance and that all deliverables are met.
- Experience running risk-analysis and providing constructive solutions to team members, ensuring the entire agency is administering all deliverable according to federal contracting guidelines.
- Background in Earned Value Management, Subcontractor Management, and Federal Contract/Reporting.
- Experience with government contracts audits, including CAV’s and other procedural reviews
- Government contracts cost accounting experience a plus
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients and FH team members.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for eight years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.