Graduate Internship Graphic Design, Los Angeles
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHIllard is seeking a passionate graphic designer with a minimum of 2-3 relevant design internships under his/her belt. The candidate should be an innovative content creator who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-performing environment, where he/she will leverage an extensive knowledge of design tools (Adobe Creative Suite) as well as PowerPoint, Photoshop and Illustrator (infographic design, icon development, photo manipulation, color correction, layering, etc.) to support the production of exceptional creative deliverables and presentations for clients. This is the perfect opportunity for a creative storyteller who is fresh out of college, looking to jump start his/her career at an award-winning global public relations firm.
The right candidate is also an enthusiastic team player, passionate about design, proactive, a quick learner, and excited about the opportunity to grow and be challenged as a creative professional. If this sounds like you and you have the portfolio to prove it, apply today. To see some of our past award-winning work please check us out at:https://fleishmanhillard.com/work/.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives, and we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Design high-impact PowerPoint presentations that deliver on both style with substance
- Use the Adobe Creative Suite, create dynamic social media, web, print and presentation designs for a variety of clients.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into compelling content that is visually engaging.
- Create infographics, icons, logos, key visuals and promotional elements along with creative elements of large-scale integrated campaigns.
- Manage PowerPoint and Keynote development for FleishmanHillard clients, often on short deadlines
- Produce innovative presentations and support collateral (both digital and physical) for our clients
- Apply industry best practices and established brand style guides to assignments.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field.
- 2-3 previous design internships with hands-on design experience or an equivalent body of work.
- Well-rounded design experience as demonstrated through portfolio that includes collateral design and production, social/online content development and production, and graphic identity development.
- Keen eye for design with advanced experience in PowerPoint is a MUST (70% of the work will be in PPT)
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Experience with After Effects a plus.
- Fearless brainstorming and ideation capabilities and a willingness to bring forward unusual or different ideas.
- An understanding of fundamental design skills, production, a strong sense of color, typography, and design composition.
- Knowledgeable in various social media platforms including content optimization and technical specs.
- Passionate about storytelling, visual communication and creating engaging experiences.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Superior client service skills and the ability to function well with a team environment; Experience working directly with clients is a plus
- Highly motivated and able to thrive in both large-scale collaborative environments as well as independently.
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience creating templates and presentation designs in PowerPoint and Microsoft Office are a plus.
About FleishmanHillard Los Angeles/Orange County
FleishmanHillard’s offices in Southern California—Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego—include teams that have deep experience in and passion for sports, entertainment, lifestyle, technology and health and wellness work, which is leveraged every day for blue chip brands including AT&T, Samsung, FedEx, Bumble Bee and Van’s.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
FleishmanHillard will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.