Group Creative Director, St Louis
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard’s creative team harnesses the collective power of creative, social, public relations and strategic marketing to produce business-changing ideas, magnetic stories and award-winning communications. We have an immediate opening for an Group Creative Director (GCD) at our St Louis headquarters to lead creative ideation, concepting, and art/copy direction as we develop fully-integrated public relations programs for some of the most beloved consumer brands. This role would work closely with our consumer brand marketing practice, as well as planning, research, content development and media teams to execute clever, multi-channel campaigns that move the needle in business and in culture. The GCD will also play an instrumental role in helping our global roster of clients to define, visualize and articulate their brand strategies.
The GCD must work collaboratively across FleishmanHillard teams and offices and bring an innovative mindset to client work. This role will partner with, and in many cases lead, our network of talented, creative people who create cutting-edge programs across industries and client needs.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Proactively drive and own the process to generate and sell-in creative, actionable and unique programs rooted in a clear idea and insight, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of client's business and its consumer/audience
- Develop and present breakthrough creative ideas, executions, assets or other recommendations to executive-level clients and internal stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to identify key insights to help drive creative programming and ensure all concepts are on brief, and align with client business goals
- Act as a catalyst to generate and embrace diversity of ideas and thinking across the teams; bring a channel-agnostic approach to creativity, surfacing never-been-done-before technologies, tools, platforms to energize our work
- Champion brand positioning at each point of communications, upholding standards of creative integrity and maintaining a consistent brand voice
- Ensure the highest level of content quality, message consistency and integrity, and integration into other communication vehicles and processes
- Operate as a mentor and advisor, helping CDs and designers develop their talents and achieve their goals while strengthening our team and deepening our capabilities.
- Foster strategic thinking within the team and consistently drive the team toward the highest possible caliber deliverables
- Act as a senior, strategic counselor for clients. Develop and present plans for integrated communications campaigns. Engage in consultative planning to meet business requirements and optimize the brand experience
- Work with account team to identify growth opportunities with current and prospective clients
- Act as a part of the office’s senior leadership team, and key member of FleishmanHillard’s creative practice, helping to raise the profile of FH’s creative practice through business development and marketing efforts, and by leveraging the deep expertise that currently exists within the team to pursue the significant opportunities that exist in both the local and global marketplaces.
- Minimum 12-15+ years of experience in leading creative communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for clients; experience in food, beverage, CPG and consumer brands encouraged
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver creative insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of brand initiatives
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Understanding of digital marketing disciplines for integrated strategies (i.e., SEO, Paid Search, Paid Media)
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire teams of both creative, social, and strategy members
- Exceptional conceptual thinking
- Proven experience presenting and successfully selling in creative concepts
- Track record of solving complex brand challenges; strong balance of traditional, innovative, experimental and digital/social experience; proven ability to creatively problem solve
- Proven experience in creating stand out creative work, including a strong track record working in the digital and social media space
- Ability to lead and drive the best client solutions through ambiguity and adaptable to changing priorities
- Extensive agency (PR, advertising, digital, etc.) experience
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.