HR Diversity & Inclusion Fellow, St. Louis
Who We Are:
FleishmanHillard, a global leader in communications and marketing, is one of the industry’s most recognized integrated communications agencies, bringing together deep strategic thinking and a seamless network to deliver real-world results. We want big thinking, passionate creativity and unbridled energy. In exchange, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and personal success.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship:
Alfred Fleishman, one of our agency’s founders, was dedicated to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. He was instrumental in bringing underrepresented groups together for dialogue and community. In his honor, FleishmanHillard offers the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program.
The Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship is an industry-leading program that offers the opportunity for individuals to combine their communication talents with their passion for diversity and inclusion. The paid fellowships are 6 to 12 months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities and a mentor program. This Fellow will contribute to our Talent Development projects while gaining practical experience in human resources, recruitment, and play a key role in our global DE&I initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support diversity fellowship referrals.
- Track and screen candidates and work with office fellowship coordinator or recruiter who is responsible for the search.
- Assist with candidate scheduling as needed.
- Assist with refreshing the AFDF program elements.
- Support Fellowship program facilitation and administration.
- Support DE&I TD team members on various projects such as LTW, Entelo, and other DE&I related programs, initiatives, documents, research.
- Member of the TD DE&I 2020 Taskforce.
- Contribute to agency diversity and inclusion initiatives.
General Talent Acquisition Support:
- Diversity sourcing working with the lead recruiters.
- Support diversity recruiting tracking and reporting.
- Support open jobs report.
- Assist with job postings and other research.
- Assist with Glassdoor reporting.
- Take on some junior level roles after 3-6 months.
- Support up-leveling job descriptions.
Other Projects that contribute to 1) development of the Fellow and 2) priorities of the Talent Development team.
Qualified applicants must have:
- A minimum of a 3.2 GPA
- Completion of their junior year of college, though recent graduates are preferred
- Three previous internships or equivalent experiences, at least one of which must be focused on communications, public relations, marketing or advertising
- A strong career interest in human resources, recruiting talent, employee relations and/or communications
- A demonstrated passion for ethnic or cultural diversity
- Proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and proficiency in social media.
- The ability to work a minimum of 30 hours per week
Criteria to Apply:
Your Application Submission Must Include:
- Completed application
- Resume and cover letter
- Two writing samples — news releases, pitch letters, media alerts, newsletter articles, executive summaries, and other relevant writing items; please limit each sample to two pages
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
All materials must be submitted online before an application will be considered complete and ready for review.