HR Diversity & Inclusion Fellow, St. Louis
FleishmanHillard, a global leader in communications and marketing, is one of the industry’s most recognized integrated communications agencies, bringing together deep strategic thinking and a seamless network to deliver real-world results. We want big thinking, passionate creativity, and unbridled energy. In exchange, we offer outstanding opportunities for professional growth and personal success.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Diversity Fellow to join our dynamic Talent Development team as part of the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship. This position will be located in our global headquarters in St. Louis and will provide a fantastic opportunity for a motivated self-starter to work on a variety of human resources projects, with a special focus on supporting our diversity and inclusion initiatives. The ideal candidate will be collaborative, creative, detail-oriented, research savvy, analytical and resourceful, with strong communication skills and the ability to excel in a fast-paced, professional services environment.
Alfred Fleishman, one of our agency’s founders, was dedicated to promoting human rights and helping people from diverse backgrounds communicate with and understand one another. In his honor, FleishmanHillard offers the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship program. The program targets ethnically diverse candidates as well as applicants who have a passion for ethnic and cultural diversity. All applicants will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting diversity through their work, education and life experiences. The paid fellowships are six- to 12-months in length and offer benefits, professional development opportunities, and a mentor program.
- Assist with day-to-day management of the communications/PR track of the Alfred Fleishman Diversity Fellowship
- Contribute to overall program strategy, structure and administration
- Drive program promotion opportunities, including university relations/outreach, recruitment, career fairs, etc.
- Coordinate the application review and selection processes
- Serve as the main point of contact for offices and candidates
- Develop, update and edit program materials
- Assist with program orientation and professional development sessions
- Support diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Develop content for internal diversity and inclusion blog
- Research diversity conferences, events, organizations, awards, and publications
- Assist with various Affirmative Action and EEO initiatives
- Assist HR professionals with preparation, analysis, and presentation of HR-related projects
- Contribute to creating training presentations on a local and international scale
- Support ongoing HR practices for our local and global offices
- Conduct international research on culture, industries, and HR practices
- Work with performance management and Employee Satisfaction Surveys
- And, a variety of other HR-related projects
We are looking for college seniors, recent college graduates or graduate students from U.S. colleges and universities with a passion for ethnic or cultural diversity and career interest in human resources. Qualified candidates will demonstrate proven writing skills, initiative, creative problem-solving skills and a track record of academic achievement. Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 and will have successfully completed three or more previous internships (or relevant academic, leadership or volunteer experiences), at least one of which with a focus on human resources or a related area.
The fellowship program is designed for professionals in the early stages of their career. We also welcome applicants with a passion for ethnic or cultural diversity and interest in HR who are new to the profession. At the time of application, candidates may be no more than one year removed from receipt of their undergraduate or graduate degree. Candidates must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Pursuing or recently completed an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Management, HR, or related field
- Courses in Human Resources, General Business, Industrial Psychology, and/or Organizational Behavior Research, writing, and organization skills, as well as high attention to detail
- Experience with all Microsoft Office programs (especially Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of how to utilize the internet and various sites for research
Your Application Submission Must Include:
- Completed application form
- Resume and cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation from current or previous employers or educators; please limit each letter to one page.
- Two writing samples — please limit each sample to two pages.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
All questions regarding the fellowship should be sent to DiversityFellowship@fleishman.com. Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.