Jr. Designer (VOX Global), Washington, D.C.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
VOX Global’s creative team is seeking a talented, passionate & creative designer who can collaborate with our team and support our client teams. The right candidate will join a team of strategists, online advertising specialists, designers, programmers and social media experts.
We are looking for a creative storyteller who has the ability to create effective presentations and understands how the power of good design strategy can make a difference. The ideal person for this role will be a self-starter who is eager to create digital experiences that make a lasting impact. The candidate will work with a close team of mentors and receive all necessary training.
- Passion to create innovative designs from concept to completion for multiple, simultaneous projects
- Produce engaging design solutions across different mediums (print, brand, and digital)
- Assist in creating assets for microsites, newsletters & digital ads
- Pitch new/creative ideas & strategies to the team
- Design for digital advocacy campaigns
- Up-to-date experience with web protocols, standards, and technologies.
- Be willing to experiment, comfortable trying new things, and not afraid to fail
- Provide creative feedback and critique as part of team and client reviews
- Comfortability in presenting your work to directly to clients
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Prioritization skills
- Ability to work easily in both large team environments, or independently
- 2-3 years of work experience in graphic design, and/or a related field
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or a related field
- A portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of design principles, visual design, layout, typography and UI/UX.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Suite (Most importantly: Illustrator, Photoshop & InDesign)
- Basic knowledge of Sketch and/or After Effects is a plus
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
- Organization and attention to detail are essential in this role
- Proven ability to uphold brand and style guidelines
- Ability to be communicative, flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines and high-pressure situations
- A team player with an ability to support and communicate with your team
ABOUT THE VOX CREATIVE GROUP
Our team is small but mighty and works across the entire firms’ clients and practice groups. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, and ability to consistently deliver strategic and creative solutions. Our team is built of designers, video producers, editors, animators, content creators and big creative thinkers. We’re hard workers, but are a laid back and close-knit group. If you’re passionate about design, and thrive working in a fast-paced environment, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT VOX GLOBAL
VOX Global is a bipartisan public affairs firm that combines the intensity and agility of a political campaign with the experience of working for some of the world’s best-known companies and organizations. Based in Washington, DC, VOX Global uses a wide variety of communications skills and capabilities to deliver messaging that resonates with our clients’ target audiences.
VOX Global is part of the Omnicom strategic communications network and we are committed to personal growth through professional development. VOX Global is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.