Junior Research Analyst, New York
Junior Research Analyst
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an individual to be a Junior Research Analyst on the Social & Innovation team. This person will be located in the NY office. FleishmanHillard, globally headquartered in St. Louis, is one of the largest integrated communications companies in the world. Our service to clients draws on expertise across more than 25 disciplines, including B2C and B2B marketing, branding, corporate reputation management, CSR, creative services, entertainment and sports, digital and social media, financial communications and investor relations, healthcare, internal communications, issues and crisis management, public affairs, and technology.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
The Junior Research Analyst will help design and manage research studies, write questionnaires/discussion guides, analyze data, prepare reports and present findings, heavy emphasis on secondary research knowledge of the tools to execute are a must. In addition, he or she will mine, query and analyze marketing campaign information to identify key trends and create relevant conclusions and implications. As a secondary area of responsibility, the candidate is expected to conduct regular traditional media monitoring and stay current and understand trends in the social media space for selected clients and their industries.
Our expertise and our passion is collecting and analyzing data helping our clients fuel powerful communications and brand positioning programs to connect and engage with their audiences to achieve desired goals. We focus our research in three areas:
Secondary: brand and communications research, online communities, conversation analysis
News monitoring and competitive Intelligence: media audits, landscape analysis, marketplace competitiveness
Analytics and measurement: traditional, social and digital analytics and measurement to demonstrate performance impact
- Consult with external clients and recommend secondary research that address their needs and align with business objectives.
- Write research proposals and work with research vendors to develop budget estimates.
- Analyze data, write research reports, and deliver oral research presentations of research findings and conclusions.
- Recommend communications solutions based on the research results.
- Participate in and lead integrated research and analytics assignments, which include the use of social and traditional media monitoring and analytics results.
- Collaborate with internal practice group and industry sector leads to deploy the best research to ensure client success.
- Manage the collection and synthesizing of data for clients across the social PESO (paid, earned, shared, owned) spectrum.
- Use a wide range of media listening/aggregation platforms to conduct necessary research functions (e.g., competitive intelligence, sector analysis, customer values, market segmentation, and new product development).
- One to three years of experience across a broad range of research categories and models.
- Research specialist experience or exposure in all facets of secondary research.
- Experience in customer surveys, research, and analysis, as well as measurement principles in consumer research.
- Results-focused approach and willingness to exceed expectations for clients.
- Ability to be flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to analyze data and extract the most salient points that provide important audience or market insights.
- Capable of and confident in giving presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Proven analytical and deductive reasoning skills; able to translate findings into meaningful positioning strategies.
- Results-focused approach and commitment to consistently meeting and exceeding the highest-quality standards of client service.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A consummate team player who brings a passionate, positive, high-energy approach to client service and delivering results.
- Critical thinker who is constantly looking for ways to evolve the capabilities of the firm.
- Solid understanding of Trendkite, Spredfast, YouGov, Crimson Hexagon, Demographics Pro, Rival IQ, Experian and Google Trends.
PLEASE INCLUDE: Example of Research Report and Writing Sample in application
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com .
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team .
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.