Managing Supervisor, Detroit
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting, Managing Supervisor with a passion for implementing integrated Corporate Communications programs. The Managing Supervisor plays a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day logistics for servicing a Fortune 500 account.
Driven by great work, passionate about their city, and smart in their approach, FH Detroit is home to almost 40 of the area’s most talented communicators. Part of the global FH network of 80 offices, FH Detroit serves clients in the automotive, consumer goods, professional services and energy and utilities industries with fully integrated communications services including brand strategy and marketing, content and editorial development, executive positioning and reputation management, media relations and social and digital strategy and implementation. Located in the heart of downtown Detroit, this is a team that hustles harder, has fun and delivers award-winning, impactful work for some of the world’s leading brands.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- 8-10 years of experience providing public relations counsel to clients within a variety of industries; accounts range from automotive to professional services to consumer.
- Automotive product experience required, including direct experience with product launches and ride-and-drive activities.
- Existing relationships with automotive reporters and ability to place national and regional product stories in a wide variety of business, consumer and trade news channels
- Knowledge of/experience with key automotive and mobility events.
- Experience developing and executing strategic communications plans that are relevant, creative and measurable.
- Demonstrated ability to draft and edit high-quality written materials, including media correspondence, bylines, presentations, social content and speaking abstracts.
- Savvy social media and digital skills as part of integrated campaigns; counsel clients on online communications strategies.
- Strong client presence and relationship-building skills, with an ability to lead a client to a strategy and point of view.
- Proven ability to contribute to compelling new business proposals and present them effectively and persuasively.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and management skills – business minded and sound judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Proficiency in meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality.
- Develop and provide strategic direction for various client materials: plans, presentations, reports, communications documents, news releases, media strategy, and message documents.
- Provide proactive client counsel and creative recommendations on meeting corporate and marketing goals through integrated communications.
- Build, maintain and develop new/existing client relationships.
- Develop and execute high-quality media programs from conception to placement.
- Generate visibility opportunities and corporate communications strategies that embrace the clients’ strategy and positioning.
- Contribute to the new business process.
- Manage projects and timelines efficiently while balancing staff workload.
- Develop and manage budgets efficiently and with a commitment to delivering high value for clients.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on The Power of True, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency. FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
Diversified Agency Services (DAS), a division of Omnicom Group Inc. (NYSE:OMC) (www.omnicomgroup.com), manages Omnicom’s holdings in a variety of marketing communications disciplines. DAS includes over 200 companies, which operate through a combination of networks and regional organizations, serving international and local clients through more than 700 offices in 71 countries.
Omnicom Group Inc. (www.omnicomgroup.com) is a leading global marketing and corporate communications company. Omnicom’s branded networks and numerous specialty firms provide advertising, strategic media planning and buying, digital and interactive marketing, direct and promotional marketing, public relations and other specialty communications services to over 5,000 clients in more than 100 countries.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.