Managing Supervisor - Food and Nutrition, Kansas City
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
Do you have a passion for food and working in the food and nutrition sector? Do you like learning about food’s journey through the food value chain? Are you energized by integrated communications and nutrition-related programming? If so, FleishmanHillard Kansas City, one of the firm’s hubs for food, agribusiness and beverage has a role for you! We have an immediate opportunity for a seasoned communications practitioner with knowledge and a passion for implementing communication plans for food, CPG, restaurant/foodservice and food ingredient clients to join our food practice.
This position will serve in a lead role to develop, present and execute integrated brand strategy and brand positioning communication programs for local, regional, national and global food and nutrition clients. This individual will provide proactive high-level client counsel and creative recommendations on how to meet brand marketing goals through communications.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Direct the development and provide strategic direction for various client materials: plans, presentations, reports, communications documents.
- Translate industry, competitive and consumer trends and insights into impactful client programming.
- Develop and edit high quality client deliverables, including, client presentations, sales materials, events, websites, media correspondence, etc.
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: third-party organizations, industry and nutrition influencers, media, client partners.
- Supervise and train junior account staff; provide quality control, determine workflow and assignments.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and strong agency account teams.
- Support food and nutrition business development efforts for the office and assist on network new business.
- Be ultimately responsible for significant client budgets and oversee the client budget development, tracking, billing and communications; proven ability to run accounts.
- A minimum of 7 years of food and/or nutrition communication/marketing experience, preferably some experience in a marketing communications or PR agency.
- Previous experience managing food brand, CPG, food ingredient marketing communications; proven experience in brand launches or agribusiness a plus.
- Knowledge of food and nutrition trends and issues, such as food safety, package labeling, etc.
- Strong understanding of food media environment: trade, national, consumer, business, bylines, influencers, spokespersons.
- Success record of client counsel, client relationship building and team management; has launched and grown accounts.
- Proven experience in planning and managing communications programs.
- Experience leading teams and managing team members
- Energetic, self-starter and problem solver; gets things moving, keeps them on track and understands how to switch gears when needed.
- Professional writing and presentation skills experience with senior-level decision-makers.
- Understanding of and experience with business development, from target identification to final sell.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.