Managing Supervisor - Healthcare Media, Dallas
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
FleishmanHillard Dallas is seeking a versatile and talented Managing Supervisor with a passion for Healthcare communications to join our corporate reputation team. This is an exciting career opportunity for a Healthcare PR professional to work closely with FH Dallas senior leaders to assist healthcare clients with their external public relations and communications activities. This individual will face a broad array of challenges including reputation management, advocacy relations, media relations, and marketing communications for a variety of healthcare clients across biotech, pharmaceuticals, vaccines, medical technology, and health care providers.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in Texas, FleishmanHillard Austin and Dallas practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. Clients include Fitbit, GoPro, EA, GM, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levi Strauss & Co, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Drive communications campaigns with local, national and trade media; developing strong traditional and social media relationships as well as relationships with third-party influencers.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help manage budgets and forecasts, oversee projects and clients, and contribute to new business proposals and opportunities.
- Deliver compelling media strategies and produce high-quality deliverables including; plans, memos, research, written content, media materials, website and social media content, client correspondence, and collateral.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact and manage individual and team work streams on program implementation.
- Review/assess industry trends to identify opportunities to inject FH’s clients into current news cycles; drive story idea development, work closely with local, national and online media to shape and control communications that are in line with overall account objectives.
- Minimum 5-7 years of healthcare communications experience. Agency experience is a plus.
- Experience working with clients in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries or healthcare providers is preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and analytically, for the purpose of formulating client recommendations and counsel.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a variety of third-party organizations, including healthcare professionals and patient associations.
- Possess a deep understanding of the media environment and established media contacts: healthcare trade, local and national media, spokespersons, with the ability to create media strategy and drive coverage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to translate medical information into lay language.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing public relations plans and the ability to draft and implement strategic public relations programs within budget.
- Experience with new digital media and social networking tactics and program development.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and handle changing needs of clients.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.