Managing Supervisor- Healthcare Social Media, Kansas City
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The Kansas City office of FleishmanHillard has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor with a healthcare and social media background to join our team. Working with an integrated team, this individual will have an opportunity develop social media campaigns for pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies. Part strategist, part hands-on tactician, the ideal candidate will be capable of envisioning, leading and incorporating healthcare social content strategies. Our new team member will work with integrated teams to conceive and execute social strategies and measure their impact and effectiveness.
Primary responsibilities for the Managing Supervisor include developing social media campaigns, and handling day-to-day activities, overseeing programs and interacting daily with clients. Candidate will be expected to balance workload, manage daily account activities and deliverables, and be involved in strategic planning. In addition, the candidate will be involved in new business efforts.
FleishmanHillard Inc., a leading global communications agency, is widely recognized for excellent client service and a strong company culture founded on teamwork, integrity, and personal commitment. We operate throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, South Africa, and Latin America through our 80 owned offices. For more than 60 years, the firm has developed an unsurpassed reputation for delivering a meaningful, positive, and measurable impact on our clients’ performance.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Develop organic/paid social and digital strategies in collaboration to support integrated branded and unbranded healthcare campaigns.
- Create and execute day-to-day social and digital deliverables, including content creation, distribution and oversight, as well as project and account management for a variety of healthcare clients.
- Manage the development and tactical execution of digital paid media programs for clients (social advertising) and be responsible for the program/campaign’s performance.
- Analyze paid media program performance and provide detail analysis and updates to account teams and clients. Oversee the development of content by coordinating with creative design, as well as the team writing copy.
- Plan, develop and publish editorial calendars using social media software tools.
- Identify, cultivate, and manage high-level relationships with influencers, and industry experts. Help shape client stories and messages, and actively pitch those communications to the influencer community with the goal of including the client in industry conversations.
- Research social communities and trends; stay abreast of company/industry/platform news and implications for social media.
- Understand impact of healthcare regulation and its impact on social media and overall communication efforts.
- Oversee social and digital teams focused on the execution and reporting.
- Develop and monitor programs to ensure on-time, high-quality client deliverables; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- 7+ years of experience gained in public relations, journalism or a similar field, specifically in organic and paid healthcare social media campaign implementation, content development and/or engagement.
- Demonstrated hands-on development of social and digital media strategy and execution (community management, strategy and content development, influencer outreach, paid social executions) across all platforms and communication channels, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, especially in creating content and managing social channels for healthcare clients on a regular basis. The ideal candidate will translate business and marketing objectives into creative and compelling copy.
- Experience and excellent understanding of social metrics and analytics, and ability to analyze and pull reports, and determine how the results impact future work.
- Ability to absorb a high volume of information and be comfortable with providing quick counsel on editorial/response recommendations to clients.
- Experience with social media management systems/platforms.
- Ability to show personality along with patience and a sense of humor.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis
- Knowledge of healthcare/consumer health/trade media, as well as familiar with healthcare social media/stipulations.
- Enjoys brainstorming and strategic planning.
- A self-starter with a thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
FleishmanHillard’s reputation for quality, creativity, ethics, and results is the foundation of our distinguished status in the industry. We offer a competitive salary and a robust offering of benefits including medical/dental/vision, life/disability insurance, paid holidays, and a 401(k) plan with a significant company match.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for six years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please email our careers team.
Please do not contact the office directly to apply – only resumes submitted through this website will be considered.