Managing Supervisor or Vice President - Technology Communications, Seattle
Position Overview and Responsibilities
FleishmanHillard, a leading global communications agency, has an immediate opening for a Managing Supervisor or Vice President to join our growing Seattle office. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate communications professional with deep technology communications experience to work with dynamic, high-performing teams on integrated programs encompassing corporate positioning and reputation, high-level media and analyst relations, social media, executive communications, issues management, consumer product communications and employee communications. Our expertise and clients span consumer and enterprise technology, connected lifestyle, cyber security, artificial intelligence, gaming, telecom, Virtual Reality, transportation and autonomous vehicle technology; mobility and big data; and payments technology.
As one of the largest full-service agencies in the world, our practice groups include Consumer Brand Marketing, Corporate Reputation and Social Responsibility, Healthcare, Technology, and Social + Innovation. West Coast clients include FitBit, GM, Amazon, EA, Cisco, Kaiser Permanente, Bayer, Plantronics, Levis, and many more.
FleishmanHillard is an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment that values talented, creative people who like to work with others to create cutting-edge programs for our clients. More than 90 percent of FH clients work with teams from more than one geographic location, and across multiple practice offerings.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Act as a strategic counselor for clients. Serve as a day-to-day client contact, and manage work streams and teams on program execution, including material development and oversight as well as project and account management.
- Develop and manage integrated communications programs that encompass media and influencer relations, digital communications, social media strategy and mobile marketing.
- Develop high-quality written materials, including press releases; pitch letters, background materials, planning documents, and executive communications.
- Generate incremental business opportunities with existing clients by taking a broad view of the entire marketing and communications mix, and offering strategic recommendations to drive innovative and award-winning integrated communications programs.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years of experience in developing and implementing integrated communications programs, with an emphasis on communications and public relations work for technology clients, particularly with those in the hardware, connected lifestyle, cyber security, AI, telecom, VR, transportation and autonomous vehicle technology, and/or mobility and big data spaces. Agency experience is required, and in-house experience is a plus.
- Broad technology business understanding, strong analytical abilities and critical, creative thinking. Candidate should have the ability to engage off- and online audiences, and tell complex stories in an easily digestible way.
- Strong strategic thinker, with an ability to lead the development of programs for clients and the office that are distinctive, relevant, creative, and measurable.
- Ability to engage with and counsel senior level decision-makers across the client’s business, and deliver connective insights to assist clients in driving alignment and execution of cross-company initiatives. Candidate should have experience building relationships and working with diverse stakeholders effectively.
- Solid team leadership and team-building experience is necessary, including management of local teams and distributed account teams. A strong team orientation is critical based on the collaborative culture of the office and FleishmanHillard.
- Experience managing accounts for effectiveness and profitability, including establishing meaningful metrics and scorecards for gauging program effectiveness, and overseeing the development and management of budgets, team structure and client reporting.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, draw conclusions, make recommendations, establish reasonable timelines and areas of responsibility, anticipate costs, and identify measures of success.
- Track record of leading efforts for and winning new business – either through the incremental growth of current clients or participation in large- and small-scale new business efforts.
- Excellent writing abilities with experience with corporate (B2B), executive (C-Suite) and brand (consumer) communications.
- Experience working directly with senior level clients on day-to-day activities.
- Energetic self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to work as a part of a team in the development of client and new business programs and presentations.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. We have been named PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year and Best Places to Work; a “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for nine years running; and among our firm’s award-winning work we’ve taken home 5 Lions in the past two years at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. We’re also more motivated by what we can give than what we receive, and in our 70th year we’ve initiated a worldwide service commitment to support social inclusion in the communities in which we work and live. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.